Register now to get rid of these ads!

Upholstery idea needed for my 32 with pictures?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Frenchy32, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Frenchy32

Frenchy32
    from arizona

I am looking to finish the upholstery in my 1932 the front kick panels and the most difficult one is behind the seat where it curves on each corners. How do you make this panel contour to the body. Possibly making two panels to meet each others in the center. Do I use masonite and wet it down first to get the contour and let it dry to keep this form or do I need to have one made out of aluminum and than have it upholstered. Let me know your ideas and pictures. In the trunk area I have templates made and not a problem to figure this one out.

Thanks for the help

Frenchy

2. Bull

Bull

In my dad's 50 the curved panels were made of aluminum and then upholstered. I don't have any pics though.

3. brady1929

brady1929

i think somewhere along the way i have read of people using luan. which is wood. do a search on upholstery or headliners. it should come up.

4. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

:)

:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Luan ... in my 32 3W ... for the rear. My kick panels are made from regular door board material.

5. brady1929

brady1929

frenchy,
    check out this thread by DeuceDog, "32's interior is in... i did it myself "
    i would post a link for you but it does not work when i am at work on the computer.

6. brady1929

brady1929

that's funny deuce roadster and i must have been typing at the same time.

7. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

You might want to try this .................

Attached Files:

8. BISHOP

BISHOP

I went to a local interior shop, they had some black plastic sheet. The owner of the shop was bending it over a big pvc plastic pipe, heating it with a heat gun.

Someone might know the name of the plastic sheeting, it looked easy enough to form, even though it was about 3/16 thick.

9. vegas paul

vegas paul
    from salina, ks

That black plastic is ABS, the similar stuff that plastic sewer pipe is made from. You can get it in 1/8" or maybe 3/32" sheets (4' x 8') at any plastic supplier. Pretty cheap, and it forms with a heat gun. I think I paid $30 for a whole sheet...

10. Frenchy32

Frenchy32
    from arizona

You guys are great I knew I could count on all of you to help me with this Thanks !!!!! I will look into this.

Thanks
    Frenchy

11. brady1929

brady1929

12. Thanks I will do my own looks killer.

Frenchy