Register now to get rid of these ads!

upholstered inner fenders and smothed door jambs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gotit, Jun 21, 2012.

1. This old custom is great, I am still doing some work on it, I have driven it locally since moving to Chicagoland. Thanks!

2. spiders web

spiders web

I have slots in my bellybutton thank you and traditional friends cost alot more than the meager dues we get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. gotit

gotit

I think it has been posted. Did you see mercury charlies car?

4. gotit

gotit

This is the car that I am doing the paint and body work on. This is a picture from last november or so

[​IMG]

5. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Because then its fake/bullshit/halfassed. Not real. Not impressive. Not going all the way. Its the reason guys will chrome an original spring instead of buying a "posies" one. Why they'll rebuild a generator instead of "ordering" an powergen. Why they'll scour swap meets and classifieds for a decent roadster body and fixing the rusty parts instead of just getting a glass one. Some people don't get it, and never will. They look at a tire and see a tire. They look at a shape and see the shape. For them the basic definition will suffice. They take the easy path. And that's fine, but for others...well they see all that stuff and call bullshit. They have to get their ass out the car and unsnap the godamn wheel wells cause they fuckin love it!:)

6. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

excessive upholstery should be mandatory
    If I were the original poster, this is what I would be telling my two friends.
    :p
    [​IMG]
    Mods feel free to delete if anyone out there can't take a joke.

7. Kripfink why dont you say what you really think.....LOL

8. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I understand completely how you feel, but some folks don't have the skill or time to spend collecting / modifying parts for a build when those same parts are readily available over the counter as repops or replacement parts.

Passion aside, it's hard to think of an upholstered wheel well as much more than excessive decoration. Sure it's fun, but a philosophy of life? It's more like an old Harley with a 100+ lights and mirrors on it. Gary

9. Regardless of whether people like it or not, upholstered
    wheel wells are traditional and I thought that was what
    the point of this site and thread was for.

10. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Careful man, you said the "T" word! A lot of folks don't hold with that around these parts nowadays.:rolleyes:

11. F&J

F&J

^ gospel, pure and simple. It is hard to explain what is going on in a persons head, that "does" get it. ...and those people could never explain that, to a person who does not. Two paths, totally different.

I love the pics in this thread, beautiful cars, and some details I saw, i had forgotten about. Keep it coming..:cool:

12. spiders web

spiders web

I've been working all week on upholstering my hub caps but I can't get the material to lay out right around the circumference. If I figure it out maybe I'll do some upholstered tubes for my exhaust tips.

13. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good comment coming from a guy with a glass bodied truck, disc brakes, air conditioning, radial tires, serpentine belt system on an LS motor claiming to be traditional :confused:

It is pretty clear that you and Spiders web simply DO NOT GET IT AT ALL. Go back and read dreddy's post and think about it.

14. 2Hep

2Hep

It's period correct if that is what you are going for. I say hell yeah. upholester away

15. spiders web

spiders web

I found some material that has umbilical cords and belly buttons on it. Can any one help me upholster the inside of the deck lid? Any way how much more belly button can you get with a 54 bowtie.

16. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

My '57 Chevy still has the original 1966 "show car" tuck and roll above the rear end...it's a snap in cover, but it's been there for a long time...and it's prolly not white anymore, but I'll never remove it...

Upholster it...and while you're at it, upholster a couple of T & R masks with only eyeholes for your friends so you don't have to listen to 'em...!!!

R-

17. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Great thread, good post, BITCHIN' AVATAR!!!

[​IMG]

18. gotit

gotit

That is some of the best advice I've heard. I need much more traditional friends! I give them a hard time for their ansen sprint wheels. Aluminum slots make me think of rat shit rods. Spiders web also doesn't like cragar wheels.

I get more of a hard time about my chevys when I own more fords then chevys. Lol. Spider also has a 57 nomad but it is ok with him because he is installing a 460 or something.

19. gotit

gotit

Are you sure its not fore skin? That may fit the bill of your build a bit better