Register now to get rid of these ads!

>UPDATED<Painting chrome bumpers? Boo!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NorCArl, Jan 25, 2014.

1. NorCArl

NorCArl
    from California

So sorry in advance to all of the purists who fought valiantly for me to save my pennies and re-chrome the bumpers, but my budget wont let me spend precious windshield money just yet (need to shell out about 1k for that bad boy). This is what i ended up with for the time being, it's different and makes me happy... so on to more important projects.
    [​IMG]
    As you can see, I found my "nifty bolt-in dagmars" and painted most of the front end. Next is nosing and decking and trying to lay my hands on some JDBB in CA. Any leads are appreciated.

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Well, if you're happy with it, that's all that counts.

3. 54fierro

54fierro
    from san diego

Thats cool. Better than beat up and rusty.

I painted the hood bird on my 54 until i could find another. I used silver and clear like was mentioned earlier.

[​IMG]

4. NorCArl

NorCArl
    from California

I really like that silver. I tried it in a small section but it looked weird next to all the bright chrome on the rest of the car. I think this makes a good contrast while i wait for better ones to fall into my lap. As mentioned before, anyone know wher i can get jdbb in california?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods