Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Updated 4/20/21- My 1952 Plymouth chopped, and just brought home a Hemi

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Mopar Tony, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Mopar Tony

Mopar Tony

Haven't had a chance to work much lately but did a little work on the window corners and the c pillar. Will work on it more tomorrow.

Attached Files:

2. Mopar Tony

Mopar Tony

I got my wife in the shop tonight for a date night. I was super excited to get her out there and help on the car. We used to work on them all the time together but since the kiddos were born she has been too busy to help. We met in autobody class in high school, I was 16 and she was 17. It was one of the things that brought us together so it was awesome to get her in the shop. First welds she has made in over 8 years. She put down some decent stitch welds. Still slow progress but this isn't a race, just enjoying it as I go.

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71, Stogy, slv63 and 6 others like this.
  3. Mopar Tony

Mopar Tony

I did a little welding as well.

Attached Files:

4. Mopar Tony

Mopar Tony

Got my skirts in the mail today. They are just sitting there at the moment but inspiration none the less.

Attached Files:

5. Mopar Tony

Mopar Tony

This stitch welding is a pain in the ass

Attached Files:

6. Mopar Tony

Mopar Tony

Got a few more things done today.

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71, Stogy, RMONTY and 5 others like this.
  7. 34 Airflow

34 Airflow
    from Australia

That's coming together nicely

Stogy and Mopar Tony like this.
  8. Mopar Tony

Mopar Tony

Thank you. It is exciting to see it come together little by little.

Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  9. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

When you pull your flat six, I`m somewhat interested in it for my project.

10. Mopar Tony

Mopar Tony

Sorry sold already lol

11. Mopar Tony

Mopar Tony

My son helped in the shop again today and wanted to help put a weld on so of course I let him. Not a bad spot weld for a 7 year old. Worst case if he messed it up I would have taught him how to use the grinder lol

Attached Files:

Lines, Stogy, slv63 and 4 others like this.
  12. Mopar Tony

Mopar Tony

These door tops are going to be fun. I have this one tacked so far.

Attached Files:

13. Mopar Tony

Mopar Tony

Got away from the door for a minute because its pissed me off lol. Decided to finish welding the c pillar and grind the welds. I need to finish a little metal shaping but looks good.

Attached Files:

Stogy, Early Ironman and Torchie like this.
  14. Lot 'o work for sure... coming along nicely though.

15. Mopar Tony

Mopar Tony

Thank you.

Stogy likes this.
  16. Paychobilly53

Paychobilly53

This looks great! Do you still have the original suspension or have you upgraded?

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

17. Mopar Tony

Mopar Tony

I will be keeping the original suspension. So far I haven't touched that but I will be moving the shock to the frame with F100 shock mounts and lowering it. I plan to move spring plate to the bottom of the a arm and also put 3 inch blocks in the back.
    I'm going to use a sway bar from a 1984-2001 Jeep Cherokee anti sway bar, mounted upside-down.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    Stogy and Torchie like this.
  18. Mopar Tony

Mopar Tony

I have gotten a few thing done lately but haven't gotten any more pictures up. Both C pillars are done now I have been working on the tops of the doors. Lots of welding taking my time so that I don't warp anything. Haven't had much time to work on it as I have started home renovation which is %@#$....LOADS of fun LOL. Gutting the plaster walls sucks but it makes the wife happy and then she lets me work on the car LOL. Had my daughter wanting to help some so she has been keeping me in line as well. I wish I had a solid week where I could be home and just work on the car but I am essential LOL. I am just blessed to still have a job and be able to continue to provide for my family. But anyway here are a couple pics.
    upload_2020-4-17_8-59-9.png
    upload_2020-4-17_8-59-42.png
    upload_2020-4-17_9-0-11.png
    upload_2020-4-17_9-0-49.png

scrap metal 48 and Stogy like this.
  19. RMONTY

RMONTY

I think its awesome that you are involving the kids and the Mrs. This is something the kids will remember the rest of their lives. Awesome project and really like the work you are doing. The name "Casper" just seems to fit that car.

20. Mopar Tony

Mopar Tony

Thank you sir. My wife and my kids are my everything. The good lord certainly blessed me and continues to bless me every day. My kids keep me motivated as they keep asking when it is going to get done so we can go cruise Route 66, which at the moment is a very distant dream. My son is also on me to get his car going for this summer so that is another to do. My grandfather gave me a 51 ford 4 door sedan before he passed away and now it is my sons so lots to do. The 51 ford needs a new brake master cylinder and radiator so my son will help with that. It'll do him good to learn how to work with his hands and you gotta teach them young. As far as the name goes I'm not sure why but it just seemed to be the name. One day it just popped out, and so far it lives up to it's names as it haunts me daily (fix me.... fix me....) LOL. I feel like this car has a personality to it, I had to apologize to it as I was cutting the top off LOL.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
    J_J2, RMONTY and Stogy like this.
  21. X-cpe

X-cpe

That's what I did when my kids were young. If they wanted to try something and I figured they couldn't mess it up worse than I could fix it up, take a shot.

22. Mopar Tony

Mopar Tony

That's how I feel about it as well. There are so many kids now days that are lazy and don't want to learn how to do anything. If my kids want to help I will let them help. It makes them happy, and that makes me happy.

Stogy likes this.
  23. RMONTY

RMONTY

I grew up around British sports cars and VWs, kinda popular in the late 60s and early 70s. My brother and next door neighbor taught me how to wrench. My mother used to fuss at me for hauling home every old lawn mower, mini-bike, and go kart I found, but yet she took me to buy parts for them with my allowance and at Christmas she always bought me tools. My dad taught me how to weld with an old Lincoln tombstone buzzbox when I was 8. Teach them what you know, and you will both be better for it! Keep up the good work!

24. Mopar Tony

Mopar Tony

Yes sir. I am trying to teach them everything I can and they are soaking it up like a sponge.

Stogy and RMONTY like this.
  25. Mopar Tony

Mopar Tony

I'll be posting some pics shortly I hope. I got my scarebird disc brake kit in the mail and plan on getting this motor in this car by the end of summer.

RMONTY and Stogy like this.
  26. Mopar Tony

Mopar Tony

My scarebird disc brake kit, pretty excited for them!

Attached Files:

Torchie and RMONTY like this.
  27. Mopar Tony

Mopar Tony

First time I have got to work on this car since May. Didn't get a ton done but one of the slices filled and ground down. Got a couple hours in at least.

Attached Files:

28. Mopar Tony

Mopar Tony

Now the passenger side. Still got work to do on it but coming along.

Attached Files:

Torchie, kidcampbell71, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  29. RMONTY

RMONTY

Looking good...keep at it!

Mopar Tony and Stogy like this.
  30. Greg Rogers

Greg Rogers

Great work! I was scared for ya, but I think you pulled it off. I don't think I could ever chop a top...

Mopar Tony and Stogy like this.