Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Update: Reapir on RapRap's '40 Coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by raprap, Oct 4, 2015.

1. raprap

raprap
    from Ohio

Hi, and well it has been a long road to the repair on my '40 Coupe since it was rear ended at the GoodGuys Nats in July. All of the time that was eaten up was from both insurance companies and the claims adjuster. Most insurance companies hire an outside source for claims adjusters. They all say that they represent the "collector car" world of people but the one I had clearly was not. After his visit and I showed him all the damage, he made his initial claim. Even I knew it was way too low. Then he stated that it should be taken to a place of repair that I wanted it to be completed at. I called some of my buddies and did a lot of research and came up with Lo-Man's Rods shop just north of Dayton, OH. I visited his shop and saw some of the best fabrication, restoration and paint work in quite awhile. Top notch work and very nice people. This is where I wanted my '40 to be repaired. LoMan's did their evaluation and sent it to the insurance company for approval. Of course there was some back and forth but they finally decided and the work can proceed. Unfortunately, it took almost 2 months for this to happen.
    Anyway, work is under way and I have posted some of the repair.

Attached Files:

Bruce Fischer and kidcampbell71 like this.
  2. Hate to hear about the insurance but at least they finally came around and made good on your claim,it looks like you found the right people to do the repairs. HRP

3. Good luck with the rebuild.Keep us updated .Bruce.

4. raprap

raprap
    from Ohio

Well, it looks to be getting close and ready for paint. Patience is the game now. It looks extremely close for it's completion. Feels like I haven't driven the '40 in such a long time. I missed several of my annual shows but without the '40, it's just not the same. I know there won't be any shows to go to when I get it back but I really will want to get out there and drive it.
    How many other rodder's must feel the same after a long build up, repair etc. Let's hear from you and give me a "Pep" talk.
    Thanks.

Attached Files:

5. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

The work looks good. Looks like you'll be back on the road soon.

6. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

Great to hear! Looking good also!