Register now to get rid of these ads!

Update on Ozzie's Shoebox

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ozzie, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Ozzie

Ozzie

Hi folks, well here is the Shoebox as it sits today I figured I'd post some updated photos here since it's been quite a while. I'm back in town on a local job and will be able to continue working on it and finish up the 23 T as well. For now I'll be polishing chrome on the Model T, amazing how chrome gets when it's sat outside with only a cover and a roof overhead for 10 months! The Shoebox is now fully wired, last week I installed some cosmetic and vanity items I bought on ebay. Glove box light, map reading light for under dash, passenger footwell lights to work with the dash mounted light switch aswell as the stock B pillar lights. Talk about wiring nightmares. I ran a small dameter wireloom from under the dash, up the A pillar along the headliner and down the B pilar to the side light holes!!!!. then ran the wires inside of it. It was well worth it. Installed new door switches and it works like every other car when you open the door or turn the dash switch. next up handsfree navigation and undercar neon , maybe some 30" rims ( just Kidding)... I do have th Dakota Digital Gauge in the center and I can't for the life of me figure out how to make the tranny sender coupler work. I either have to cut it or see if those folks make the right coupler for my stock speed tranny. I contacted them ( dakota)and they don't,i'll have to fab something to make it work. Although I am thinking of going with a C4 tranny but keep the shifter on the floor short, so as not to prevent my girl from sitting close!.... here are the pics....

PS. I've included a picture of how the engine was when I finlly arrived home after that crazy 73 hour 900 mile drive and a couple of progressive pics. Also a picture of an oulet under the carb where someone may help me figure out the correct PCV connecting for this set up to eliminate the crazy amount of passenger compartment vapors and fumes I'm getting.

Attached Files:

2. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Ozzie - you should be able to thread a hose nipple into that hole in your intake (probably 1/8NPT thread) - run a hose to a PCV valve (try one for a V6 Buick - or something of similar displacement as the flatty) stuck into your road draft tube hole...

3. Ozzie

Ozzie

Ernie, So It's ok to do that after the carb? Will that cause any extra sludge on top of the pistons? I take it the suction in there will pull any gases out of the crankcase and help equalize the presure in there? I'm sorry if this sounds dumb, I just don't know much about the PCV process.
    If I run the PCV to this orafice under the carb, then to run my wipers should I just run a line from the side of the carb?. Cause as you can see in the pictures on the passenger side of the carb I have a line coming from the PCV valve I have in there and T-eeing off to the large tube on the side of the carb and then feeding my wiper motor and I think that's where the Passenger fumes are coming from.

4. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Yeah - the vacuum is constant (pretty much) below the throttle plates. You can tap off for PCV anywhere - you also need an air inlet, so some sort of crank case breather too.