Register now to get rid of these ads!

update on my 63 dart

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by necrobillygirll, Aug 3, 2010.

1. necrobillygirll

necrobillygirll

<!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> im so happy to be able to see how much gas i have now!!! the fuel sending unit had a wiflel ball float on it !!! no shit. no wonder it didn't work. the orange stuff that was in the glass fuel filter was some adhesive around the fueling arm where it met the tank. jesus the last guy that owned this car used a lot of j b weld engineering . but its getting fixed little by little now . im showing this car much needed love. i ordered dash vent covers an a carpet kit last night in my sweet teal blue. the front an back seats an package tray are next. im having some difficulty finding the door seals. all of mine are $hit. but ill keep hunting something will pop up soon. i have minor body damage to fix. im gonna kick off the surface rust on the trunk hood soon an navel jelly an prime it. i just keep telling my self that this is a good car an even with all the abuse it has endured its still running. i feel like the first time in my life that this is my car. ive never loved any other car i've owned as much as this one. i have a radio but still don't care to put it in. i like to hear it, know the cars sound, notice right away any new noises it makes. oh an man its damn good on gas. woot woot 1 barrel carb.:)
    <!-- / message --> <!-- edit note -->

2. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Good for you! Does it run well enough to bring to the Ventura Nationals?

3. necrobillygirll

necrobillygirll

maybe. its been running hot again a bit . ive had the engine flushed twice once had the freeze plugs pulled out to flush it . may need one more time to get out the bits, had a new radiator installed the last one was so full of rust it was awful. i may just have a chunk stuck in the temp gauge ? i dont want to take it to any shows until i get the carpet an seats done any way . when is it?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  4. pcterm2

pcterm2