Register now to get rid of these ads!

Update on my 34 Ford 5W Coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by M.Edell, May 14, 2010.

1. Well, my wife has been telling me for years that "I'M A BAD INFLUENCE ON PEOPLE", that I have pissed off many wives over the years, looks like I did it again!! LOL However I am glad to hear that you have "CONVERTED" back to CADDYS, you wont be sorry, ask me how I know. Have a "loaded up" 390 in my Deuce Roadster, 4spd and 9 inch, will bark the tires in all 4 gears. My 1st Deuce 5W back in 61 had a 331 with just a four barrel, still couldn't keep trans or rear ends in it. Had to sell it when I got drafted. Good Luck on the change!!

Last edited: May 25, 2012
  2. M.Edell

M.Edell

3. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Marcus I'm afraid that pic needs a caption for some of us . . . . but goddamn that is a good looking hotrod!

4. M.Edell

M.Edell

Thats a pic of my wife and I with Penny Pichette getting our two awards at the West Coast Kustoms Show this last weekend "Top 3 Early Hot Rod" "Santa Maria Chamber of Commerce pick"

5. Maybe you one like this one that goes in my Roadster!!

Attached Files:

6. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very cool. Congrats!

7. LabRat

LabRat

Boom chicka , wow wow ... with Caddy power , your going to have to step up the tempo on the next record . :D

8. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Live Wires Hot Sister.

9. M.Edell

M.Edell

Lookin Good Dave!! Cant wait to start on mine..got my Hildebrandt valve covers and Hurst Motor mounts already..

10. M.Edell

M.Edell

:cool:;)

11. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

You jut wait about 10 years when my '32 is finished and we can line up Live Wire, It's hot sister with a new 390 (M.Edell's) and it's slutty little sister "Hot Mess" that I'm gonna build. :D:D:D Sorry no chance of a cadillac though. Gonna have to settle for a flathead or another 265.

12. M.Edell

M.Edell

ooohhh no Cadillac..Sorry you cant be in our club then..you're not hip enough..lol!! :D:eek::p

13. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Damn dude, Caddy motors are cool but you're gonna have to really push the envelope with it to top that flatty you're running. It's, (the flatty), pretty much the apex of coolness for motors for that 34.

14. M.Edell

M.Edell

The 390 will have a nice solid Cam,Cragar 4x2 Intake polished,4 97s, Polished Hildebrandt Valve Covers,Chromed: Headers, pulleys,Timing Cover,oil pan,Generator,water neck,valley cover.I think it will be all that and then some...

15. M.Edell

M.Edell

Sale Pending on the 304" Flathead in the 34.Wheels are in motion for the 390 Cadillac Swap, looks like the 34 will heading to Squeak Bell's Shop In Bakersfield This Fall..

16. M.Edell

M.Edell

And so the transplant begins! Tim McMaster "Mctim64" went over to Skips "Royalshifter" place yesterday to check on a 1961 Cadillac 390 that was pulled from a one owner car for me.Pulled the heads off and discovered this was one clean engine! Now the the build up begins.Tim will be handling the task of turning that Caddy mill from Mild to Wild. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. M.Edell

M.Edell

Here's the Intake it will be running [​IMG]

18. M.Edell

M.Edell

19. Louie

Louie
    from NJ

Marcus sorry to hijack your thread but my 4x2 intake has a different style block lettering.It looks earlier than the normal Cragar logo,any idea when they switched?
    [​IMG]

20. M.Edell

M.Edell

very cool, yeah that would be the early one right after they bought the mold from Horne.. The logo switched in the later 50's..

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  21. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Glad to help Marcus....in return you will have a part in the upholstery in the Victoria. Thank you

22. M.Edell

M.Edell

Really?

23. redroaddog

redroaddog

how long is the car going to be down? it is one of my favorites:cool:

24. M.Edell

M.Edell

Good Question actually.I'm not quite sure at this point.Receiving a deposit on the Flathead this next weekend at the Nor Cal Knockout Show.Once that happens I really dont want to put anymore miles on the engine for the buyer.So I will probably pull the Flatty this Summer sometime, hopefully have it on the road again by November or December.

25. M.Edell

M.Edell

26. Jim Bouchard

Jim Bouchard

Lookin good, Marcus!

27. M.Edell

M.Edell

Thanks Jim! 34 is featured in the latest Street Rodder Magazine [​IMG]

28. XWYNNSGUY

XWYNNSGUY

Great car!! but it's going to be slower. After a buddy picked his flat motor up at the machine shop he said. I never paid so much to go so slow. Keep it going, good luck and thanks for the picks!! Love 33-34 coupes.

29. M.Edell

M.Edell

whatta ya mean? The Flathead is long gone and theres a 390 Caddy in its place as we speak.

30. M.Edell

M.Edell