I haven't posted an update lately, but I have been making some progress on my car. I think I have pretty much all the fabrication and pre-assembly done for the frame, so now I'll take it all apart to have the frame blasted and primed. In the meantime I'll paint all my suspension stuff in preparation for reassembly. I finally finished my firewall recess. I used 1-1/2" exhaust bends cut into quarters to radius the turn that goes in as well as the turn that connects to the flat back of the recess. I made a simple bracket to mount my headlights to the tops of the upper shock mounts. If they shake around too much, I may end up adding an arched bar in front of the grille that connects them to stiffen things up. I'm using a tilt column from a 66 Rivera. I like it because it has self canceling turn signals and tilt, but no ignition switch and no gear selector – so it's really plain. I cut off the original tube (about 2-1/4" OD) and welded on a piece of 1-1/2" OD tubing to free up some foot/pedal room, plus I think it looks better. I made the round cover (below pic) to transition the tilt part of the column to the smaller column tube from a Moon dagmar and a strip of scrap sheet metal. I shortened the length of the column and used a nylon bushing to locate the shaft in the tube. The point that the column goes through the firewall was right at the recess, so the mount at the end of the column had to be pretty intricate. I had to grind the DD end onto the steering shaft. I welded up a few pieces of square tubing to bolt the column drop to. The dash hides the tubing and just the end of the drop shows below the dash. The dish on the 59 Chevy steering wheel allows it to be positioned closer to the dash for more interior room. I worked out my steering. This stuff's expensive. And finally, I had to make an alternator bracket. This was necessary because I'm running a Vega steering box and I wanted to mount the alternator low. I tried a GM alternator, but it just wouldn't fit – too big. I saw on another thread that someone was using a Samauri alt. They're really small and cheap. I think the stock ones are only 70 or 80 amps, but they're available in 100 amps. So for $12 I bought a used one at the local junk yard just to try it. Looks like it'll work just fine.