Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Upcoming photo exhibit - Portraits from DotDrags, in San Antonio

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by beatnikontinental, Sep 3, 2009.

1. A heads up to area HAMB folks about a great art show coming up - Kontinentals pal and photographer and friend to all musicians, George Brainard - is having a show coming up in San Antonio as part of the FOTOSEPTIEMBRE -SAFOTO International Photography Festival

George set up a mobile studio backdrop at last years Day of the Drags right beside the track, and grabbed people walking by, shooting impromptu portraits outdoors on a white backdrop of Race Fans who were there for the event. The weekend has always been as great for people watching as catching the action on the track - and George has a real knack for really capturing people.

The photos are really amazing - the images really blow me away with how natural and detailed they are - and knowing how he actually did it impresses me even more. You'll recognize many of your favorite HAMB gearheads in the mix. They are all big black & white prints.

The show is at
    River City Silver
    5103 McCullough Avenue in San Antonio
    http://www.rivercitysilver.com/

and runs Sept 1 - Oct. 31st

There is an opening for the show on
    Friday Sept 11 from 6-10pm.
    It would be great to get some folks and some hot rods and customs out there for the show opening that night. I'm planning on making the drive down from Austin. Hope some folks can come and check it out!

Here is the poster for the show
    [​IMG]

2. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

George took some great stuff from last year and I can't wait to see them all blown up, you know enlarged. Sounds like a great excuse for a roadtrip. Count me in. What time we leavin' Austin? Just in time to wet you appetite for the upcoming DOTD 2009. See you on the 11th.

3. johnny boracho

johnny boracho

sounds great, the Barons will be there to show some support!

4. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

George is good people, and very talented to boot. Let us know when ya'll are headed down to S.A. I'll try to change my schedule around to get down there.

In the meantime, there's more of George's work at http://georgebrainard.com/

5. Crease

Crease

Too cool, thanks for the heads up Beatnik!

6. triton6972

triton6972

7. impala_jo

impala_jo

I'll be there to show some support as well.... looking forward..

8. bumping this back up in case folks missed it - the show opens this Friday.

9. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

Hope the weather holds out, see you boys tomorrow night.

10. triton6972

triton6972

Bump for tonight. Rain or shine.

11. johnny boracho

johnny boracho

Incase anyone would like to have a few brews and hangout after the show, theres a bar about 2 miles down the road (the mix) and the flaming hellcats will be playing. first round is on the barons!!

12. A big thanks for to the Barons for coming out despite the dodgy weather that night - there is a blog post up now with a couple of shots of your rides.

http://fotoseptiembreusa.com/blog/?p=2734#

The show goes thru October if you want to drop by and check it out.

13. Crease

Crease

On behalf of the guys, you're quite welcome!

Wish I could have made it personally, but glad we were able to show some collective support. Did ya know my dad is hangin right behind the counter? :)