Register now to get rid of these ads!

Unusal Mags - Please help identify!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Engine-Ear, May 16, 2010.

1. Engine-Ear

Engine-Ear
    Alliance Vendor

Hey guys,

I plan to run these on my '62 Grand Prix...as best I can tell they are from 1964 but I have no idea who made them, how long they were offered, yadda yadda.

In over 20 years of playing with cars, this is the only set of these I have ever seen...kinda reminds of what was used on 'Hot Wheels' from '67-'69.

Who made 'em? That and any other info would be greatly appreciated!!

Attached Files:

2. brad2v

brad2v

3. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

Their called AWESOME!!!!!! No I do not know who made them but I have seen a set before just can't remember where.

4. The Shocker

The Shocker

Very odd ,but very cool looking indeed ...

5. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

Thats a Johnson Wheel

6. Engine-Ear

Engine-Ear
    Alliance Vendor

Looks like someone posted a pic of one page 12 of the above-mentioned thread ... followed by dislike. OK, I guess I know WHO made them.

As for mounting and balancing, you need a spoon set (long lever-type rods with flat paddles to get the tire over the bead). As for balancing, you may need something like what's pictured...

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 16, 2010
  7. Muttley

Muttley

Those are way cool and will look great with the Cheater Slicks. Dont forget to post a pic of the car once you mount them.

8. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

very nice.

kinda odd...but that goes with the territory!

9. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

weird but I like them.

10. Jake H.

Jake H.

Yep. I heard they were made in Oregon. Very cool, I wish I had the pair that my buddy got rid of years ago. They were on the front of his '28 rpu, and he hated 'em.

11. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

Those are cool wheels, that's what they are!

12. Algon

Algon

I did not see balancing in the original question but you can also use a lug balancing head if that is concern. "Most" shops have one laying around for wheels with smaller hub centers that won't slide over the balancer shaft.

13. Deuces

Deuces

A set of redlines would make them look sweet. :)

14. motorhead711

motorhead711

Those are cool. I have never seen anything like them, well, except on the hot wheels of the late 60's!

15. Engine-Ear

Engine-Ear
    Alliance Vendor

Thanks for the replies, guys.

16. I can't remember the makers name but they were made in Portland Oregon. I found one in a wrecking yard a few years ago. Traded it for a pair of different wheels.

17. Redlines on those would look friggin' amazing! Perfect "Hot Wheels" wheels, scale of 1:1.

18. Interesting you should say that, because this is the first thing I thought of when I sae them ...
    [​IMG]

19. No need in all those nifty balance machine adapters, etc... Just get some "dynabeads" or come other centramatic balancing stuff. You'll never have to balance them again. I use the Dynabeads on my 37" tires and have bee up to 80 with them and no bad issues. I also run them on my DD truck with no issues. The bonus is that there are no wheel weights showing.

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/