Register now to get rid of these ads!

UNSUNG HEROES...Who`s your best helper throughout the build?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by time-bomb john, Feb 19, 2009.

1. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Hands down its my wife and daughter for putting up with me .

Attached Files:

2. j ripper

j ripper
    from napa ca.

3. Clark

Clark

I've got a bunch of friends that help. Most of the time I have the owner of the car help.

My wife has come to the rescue several times with wet sanding.

Jr (fatabone) is a good all around help.

Bill (glasshole) is like my little brother.

Too many more to count. Pretty much the whole SoWhat crew.
    Clark

4. hotrodj54

hotrodj54

id have to say my dad

5. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

my dad, brother and my cousin we all work together to get stuff done.....jones

6. Gerg

Gerg

louver_dude and fiddy and all the other vagabonds and them dirtay kropdusters helping me out who says clubs are for seals?

7. sir

sir

my wife and HER job.....

Attached Files:

8. Jerry27Tub

Jerry27Tub

My best helper is my Dad. Taught me a lot during the build. My tub probily wouldn't be done without his help.

Attached Files:

9. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

My wife runs for parts, grinds, welds, gives ideas, swap meets with me, keeps me liquified and fed.....but most of all greases my axle rod!!!!!

10. Roadsterpu

Roadsterpu

Without a doubt it would be my Dad who not only helps but provides the inspiration as well. Second would be my wife for just putting up with me. Here is the truck that he built that I learned on.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. MERRELL

MERRELL

aint that the truth!:mad:

12. onelowponcho

onelowponcho

My uncle and boss Jim, and my neighbor Rick. Thanks fuckers!

13. my son who happens to also be my best friend. Gawd I'm lucky. Bud

14. My wife for putting up with my obsession with cars.

My son is my best friend too. Sometimes we don't always agree on how things should be done, but in the end we always find the middle road somewhere.

Tonight he was really sick. We left Indy @ 5:30 to take El Tiki to the Louisville car show. Got back to Indy @ 12:00 midnight. Good kid. There is a lot that I might not do if it wasn't for him. He keeps me young.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  15. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

5WBOMBER and his Dad for sure! I wouldnt be half as far if it wasnt for them. They deserve a steak dinner... Tube steak maybe...

16. landst

landst

My dad if it were'nt for him would'nt know shit.
    Not to mention there would be nobody to bitch at me

17. 2002p51

2002p51

My wife. From first convincing me we could afford it, to lending an extra pair of hands when needed, to encouraging me when things didn't go so well, to being the best shotgun rider ever.

[​IMG]

This is her driving the Mercury.

[​IMG]

18. woody2

woody2

Each and everyone of you guys and gals. Oh and most importantly my lovley wife Debs.

19. 29moonshine

29moonshine

my wife lots of support and help ( always has cold beer )

20. It really is great to hear one for the DADS.The common thread here seems to be dad`s in general. At 53 yrs young my son is only 2 years old and his first words was CAR and DADDY.Gotta be a good sign.He keeps me young as well and someday will be a great helper.Hell he aleady is.Loves the color pics in the mags......
    For all of you guys with great wives as well, great inspiration for the kids.Being a single father for me can be challenge at times....... Time Bomb John

21. Good thread to thank the one's who make it possible for us to be superstars!!
    A lot of friends have helped in many ways, but my friend , the Big Happy, aka, Gary Winn, has helped a lot! With his help, I have learned a lot and we have built cars together for 30 years. Hopefully we will have another 30 years of time for it!

22. raven

raven

My wife and son for helping me when I need an extra set of hands (mostly pushing hte stuff in and out of the garage), my clubmates in the KnuckleBusters, my recently deceased uncle who built hotrods starting int he late '40's and of course porknbeaner for always answering my dumb-assed questions as to how-do-I-do-this?
    r

23. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

mr. wallet and father time

24. NiteOwlChris

NiteOwlChris

3 words Cheater Carl, as Drew from sycamore says...aint no frontin in his crib!!

3 time mister nude wisconsin!!

25. FRITZ

FRITZ
    BANNED

Poncho Bil !
    FRITZ

26. 460 willy

460 willy
    from wisconsin

I would have to say my dad eventhough he has been gone since 2002 he is still my biggest help he taught me alot most of it I did not realize until I did my first build after he had passed then it made me realize how much information I passed up by not listening. As of now my wife will come out in the garage and help with anything.

27. I always like to give props to anyone that helps me with my projects, whether it's the hookup on parts, helping with the actual build, or just good old advice....so I'm glad to see a thread like this :)

My truck has been a long drawn out ordeal just like most people usually end up, but thanks to a few of my buddies; it's on the down stretch now. I have to send a big thanks to Lonnie Albritton (HAMB name: diamond tucka) and his parents Lon Sr. and Libby for giving me the opportunity to use their shop and all the cool tools. If it weren't for them, I would have no place to even build the truck. Also, Rocky Fox at Chaotic Customs in The Woodlands, Tx. and BIll Carlton and Mitch Rall at Ekstensive Metalworks in Houston for the hookup on cheap ass parts, Chandler (cowoc 58) for letting me scrounge free shit off his parts trucks, and pretty soon my brother Dustin (droplord49) when he paints it :D

28. M@

M@
    from Altus OK

These guys, the places they worked, my girlfriend there wives for letting me have MANY hours of there time and many many more people... (left to right, im sitting in the middle) Sean Maddy a.k.a. KHAOS, Tim Jones a.k.a Peanut, Bobby N, Dwayne Duke a.k.a Maynard a.k.a Part timer, And Copus Lester a.k.a Guru, Not Pictured Daniel Leech. THANKS GUYS!!!

Attached Files:

29. geemann51

geemann51

John great post. After 15 minutes of thought and in no particular order:

John St Germain for inspiration, technical info, and design ideas (NOTE: I have never met John before in person but we have been corresponding now going on 9 years trading pictures, stories, and ideas). Others are good friends Bill Prentice and SLAMIT for actually helping me get some of the work done. LUX BLUE get's honorable mention for always having the answer.

30. twochops

twochops

My wife, Nancy is my unsung hero. When I chopped the top on my 57 Buick , I sunk the windshield glass. this required cutting a slot at the base of the windshield
    so it could sink into the cowl. I didn't cut out more than I had to, so I wouldn't remove too much. We
    had to install and remove the windshield about 2 dozen times (She was nervous.) She continued helping until
    finished. She was a great helper in changing the
    engines in the 57 T-Bird, 57 Buick, 53 Merc, 49 Merc, and several Mustangs. She also helps bleed brakes.
    When nothing is going right; she stays out of the
    way. My wife is my consistent, enthusiastic
    companion at car shows. She is my unsung hero.
    TwoChops