Register now to get rid of these ads!

Unsubscribed repeatedly

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by lucas doolin, Dec 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. lucas doolin

lucas doolin

Lately, when I access the HAMB at work, I have to re-enter my name and Pword to sign in so I can answer mgs, etc. This never happens on my home computer. What's up? Why is this occurring - and just recently? Before, everything worked fine. That is, I could "log on" with one click - the system remembered my name and Pword. Merde alors!

2. Might be the powers that be at your place of employment. HRP

rjones35 and Hnstray like this.
  3. Not sure,but you could ask a mod.I stay logged on at home,elsewhere I log off when done.

4. squirrel

squirrel

maybe they are trying to send you a hint to get back to work, using the powers of the IT department to adjust the settings on your browser....

5. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Many corporations, including every single one that I have worked for, have an enforced policy that disallows web browsers retaining passwords.

Many knuckleheads use the same password for everything. If one of them used the same password for the HAMB, as the corporate network, then that network now has a profound security vulnerability.

The risk scales by the number of people doing it.

wraymen and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. jdownunder

jdownunder

Had the same problem
    Seems to have come good but I had to turn my VPN off

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

7. You get paid to work, not socialize on the hamb.
    Sincerely,
    Your boss...;)

wraymen, lothiandon1940, clem and 3 others like this.
  8. You are too funny Don! :D HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  9. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Sorry for the hassle. That problem happens when your browser is out of memory. Here is how you can beat it:

1. Clear the cache and temporary internet files from your browsers memory.

2. Next time you login, click the "remember me" box.

After that, you will be good to go!

Thanks,

10. jnaki

jnaki

Hey Lucas,
    I know what you are saying about having to log in again. Check out the program that is being used at your work to allow you to use the internet and on to the HAMB. Sometimes, the tech guy will set the program to delete all history upon shutting down your work computer. Or... he has a program that cleans the history of everyone's computer usage in order to keep the company's programs running smoothly.

Jnaki
    At home, if you run Mozilla Firefox, you can set the program to delete all history upon shutting down your computer for the day or night. (or never remember) It eliminates all history, including your log in and passwords. But, if you want to keep the passwords and log in, there is a provision for that. Sometimes that is good and sometimes it is a pain in the neck. Cleaning your computer does help your computer run smoothly and a little faster.

11. lucas doolin

lucas doolin

Thanks to all for your wise counsel (and wise ass comments). Coincidentally, this happened fairly soon - but not immediately - after we changed computers. And, BTW, we are a small town auto repair facility (Complete Auto Repair of Sellersburg) and are gearheads, so all HAMB related activities are fully sanctioned by the boss. More than a few times, advise and suggestions from the HAMB have helped us diagnose and repair customers' vehicles. Thanks again and HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all. lucas