Register now to get rid of these ads!

unread threads not bold in groups only

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by 50 Ford 1963, Feb 17, 2014.

1. this has been hit and mostly miss lately, none of the unread or new post threads in any of the groups I am a member of are bold/highlighted. the main boards threads, i.e trad rods and classifies work fine. has a setting changed since the updates?

2. bttt

a week and a half, still no response?

3. Muttley

Muttley

Same way for me but on a larger scale for the past two years or so. I also asked about the problem but never got a response with any info that I could use to correct what was going on. Eventually I just learned to live with it. :(

4. I'm no computer expert by any stretch but, it may be a result of which browser you log on with. Seems that Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc. respond differently.Try logging on with a different browser and see if there are any changes.

5. thank, I've been using the same browser for the past 10+ years, granted there have been updates and changes but none since I've noticed this problem. I will try a different browser next time I log on to see if it makes any difference.

one other thing I've done was to log off the phone app, I had forgot I even had it.

6. ...........Even though you've used the same browser all along it seems like some of the changes Ryan has made to the website recently may be affecting those same browsers in a different way. Hope that makes sense and like I said above I'm pretty computer illiterate so I could be completely wrong.

7. Tried IE browser today and the unread posts were bold as they should be. Since I did two things at once (poor trouble shooting technique) I'll try firefox again tomorrow to see if its still a problem there.

8. so, it must have been my browser after all. as stated above I tried IE and it works fine there, went back to Firefox and the same problem. and to double check I installed Chrome this evening and it works as well. So I'll just use chrome for my HAMB and Firefox for everything else unless I get comfortable with Chrome.

9. Good deal.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014