Register now to get rid of these ads!

Underfloor brake setup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tcoupekyle, Feb 18, 2011.

1. I am putting a underfloor master and pedal assmbly in my T and was hoping ya'll could enlighten me with pictures of how ya did yours I ain't got much room to work with so looking for ideas. Thanks I did a search but came up with nothing

2. Ghost28

Ghost28

Here are a couple examples. These are universal kits with weld on mounting brackets and with a 7 inch dual power brake booster, they go in pretty easy.

Attached Files:

3. right on, anybody do it without going through firewall anybody anybody??

4. Vergil

Vergil

Not a T but a '30 and you didn't mention the engine but I mounted mine on the engine/transmission adapter platre.

Vergil

[​IMG]

5. That's the toeboard technically. Are you using a specific set of pedals?

And dammit Vergil, I love that picture! I think I save it every time you post it. Beautiful!

6. rfight on looks great but i needa see how ya did it without going throught the fire wall i can kinda see it but looking for a beettter look at it i ca'nt go through the firewall sorry fer misspellings and bad grammar been drinkin a bit

7. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

You can make the push rod longer and move the whole thing back.

8. MP4/8

MP4/8

They are easy to do. Here are some pics of mine in a 24 ford.
    The pedal from the top

[​IMG]

Pedal from the bottom. It has an oil lite bushing it pivots on. and the bolt is all shoulder where it goes thru the bushing.

[​IMG]

Master Cylinder from under the car. It is a vega master. 3/4" bore I think.

[​IMG]

And a view from the top, all plumbed up. The master cylinder is under the seat.

[​IMG]

9. lvlynyrd

lvlynyrd
    from Las Vegas

Someone can tell me I'm full of it if I am wrong, but I understand that when the MC is at or lower than the calipers/wheel cylinders, you want to run residual valves in the lines. Not really what you were asking about, but thought you might need the info. I'm using them in my frame mount setup.

10. Dirk35

Dirk35

11. 35 Woodie

35 Woodie

This is a deuce, not a T. '48 Ford pickup brake/clutch pedal unit with Corvette master cylinder. Welded the mount to the chassis X-member.

[​IMG]
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

12. cool!! I think I'm am going to have to run a setup similar to mp4/8's if any body gots anything to elaborate on that setup feel free!!! Thanks again