Register now to get rid of these ads!

Under the hood.. what to do?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Goozgaz, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

The original heat shield under my hood is gone and I'm wondering what I should replace it with.

Original stuff looked like spray on asbestos(??) At some point someone tried gluing the cheap silver thermal wrap stuff... but that kept falling off and it looked like shit when I opened my hood.

Any better ideas. I'd like to use something that doesn't absorb the heat.. and even better if it were paintable.

[​IMG]

2. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

3. dirtydixon

dirtydixon

I wouldn't mind knowing what options are out there too.

4. gal6xie5

gal6xie5

I stripped and painted mine flat black. my whole engine compartment is flat black.

5. I dont remember where I saw it, but a guy had shot the underside of his hood with "homemade" Lizardskin and then painted it body color. Looked really good!
    Hell, that MIGHT have been on here! There is a thread about making the Lizardskin.

6. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

You could take it to an upholstery shop and get a liner made up that snaps in. Then you don't have to worry about stripping it and painting.
    I did a rolled and plated one for the sled.