Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Unbelievable grove find (32 Vicky)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WØZZY, Aug 4, 2016.

1. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just a dang shame...in my book. Put it inside.. Already!!

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  2. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am not too versed in '30's stuff. However, I do know a '32 Vicky is about as cool as it get's. So help me understand this. A guy pays 11 grand for this, a car that looks like it needs everything. Doing everything himself, frame rebuild, body, paint, driveline, brakes, plumbing, etc. etc. He has to have another 10 or 12 grand and many, many hours of labor in it. By the time it's said and done, maybe as much as 25 grand total and still those countless hours. Is it worth it in the end??

3. ^^^^ who knows ??? An original versus .... the gasser, mag' wheels, small block straight axle '32 Vicky found in Arizona without an engine .... but with a 4 speed sold on Ebay six years ago for low teens.... to a speed shop ... now that same Vicky, with small block, and 4 speed is being enjoyed for a lot less work than the tree'd one. How much was a small block and a clean up ? I dunno' if it's even painted .... although it may have been. Light blue. Wish I had pictures of the original sale, and not the speed shop one.

4. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Found it! I'm headin' out.

Capture.JPG

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

YES, it would be worth it to me, I just have too many projects and a poor cash flow. Bob

6. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Kid. Thanks for the reply. I pretty much did all of the above to my '40. But I don't think I would have had it been that kind of money up front. That being said I know a '40 coupe might not be worth what that Vicky is.

7. THAT'S IT !! The original auction was a dirt floor somewhere in the southwest. Button tuft vinyl, with an inch or six of mouse turds, and grime. Such a cool find. Thanks @D-Russ !! Awesome.

sled likes this.
  8. Odds are that after being pulled from it's grave it will look worse than your avatar. That said. there is still some value in salvageable parts. If by some miracle the body had no rust, I could see 15g for it by what people pay for coupe and roadster bodies now, maybe more???

9. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

I'll never get it when a guy has something like that and "knows" the value, yet they let it sit outside and amongst so many trees. That 11k could become 0K in one crack of a tree. I never leave my piles of money (gosh I wish I had some) laying in the yard, I keep it inside where its safer!

spiffy1937 and shawnsauto1 like this.
  10. Old GW

Old GW

Here's one I built.Gave it to my son.

Attached Files:

11. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

DADDY!:D

kidcampbell71, Leakie and kiwijeff like this.
  12. so_dak_kid

so_dak_kid

Cool threads here on the HAMB! A "grove find" deuce Vik and a Aussie vineyard "rubbish" deuce roadster, I guess they're still out there!

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  13. ratrod0

ratrod0

14. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Hubba,hubba....

15. H380

H380
    from Louisiana

It is all about ego and a power trip. Guys like this get off on the power of having something people want. I see it all the time at swap meets and gun shows. Ever notice the guys with nice stuff priced at 3x or 4x times the going price? I bet they had the same pieces at every show and never sell anything. If anyone gets too close to buying anything the rase the price. It is all about the power trip of saying no.

clem and PunkAssGearhead88 like this.
  16. The37Kid

The37Kid

It has been ten years since I parted with this one, wonder how it is today. Bob

upload_2016-8-9_22-36-26.png

mgtstumpy, kiwijeff and kidcampbell71 like this.
  17. WØZZY

WØZZY
    from Tyler,MN

That's actually where I took this pic. Someone must have dropped it off at your place ;)

18. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

I have 150 franklins, if I had a address this car would be in my garage on Monday. I am about 2 hours east of there. Help a guy out.
    Tony.

19. I see a lot of talk like this, and think of my buddy who does this.
    Here's his take on it.
    He's hot rod mad, like most here, and he brought em, cause he wanted them, and still does.
    They are his dream cars, and he would rather watch em rot into the earth, than give em up.
    They are his treasures, just like he collects model cars, old signs etc.

20. I've been off the computer for over a month since I'm on the on the road from the Deuce Day Northwest show and finally checked into the HAMB see this..........wow!!!!! And I just happen to be going back to Sioux Falls for few days. Tyler is just up the road from there and I'd love to see it.........PM me.

21. skirtless33

skirtless33

22. Tetanus

Tetanus

maybe offer to jack it up and at least get it out of the ground and maybe move it to a better location on his property. for the cars sake. soak that thing with some oil/diesel with a weed sprayer inside and out.

23. Read posts 106 and 110, I think they got him pegged except I'll bet the old man isn't even a car guy, he may know that a '32 Ford is really valuable to some people, but come hell or high water he is gonna do exactly what he wants to do, dad gummit. As he gets older he just fights back harder against any suggestion anyone ever makes to him. He'll smoke if he wants too, he'll drink , eat doughnuts every day, not wear a seatbelt, water his lawn during a drought, never own a cell phone, siphon gas with his mouth, burn piles of leaves anytime he wants, just squint his eyes when he's welding, stand on the top of a step ladder, on and on. (I know a lot of old guys who evolve this way, and I am too!)

Hot Rods Ta Hell likes this.
  24. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

I'm nothing like that type of guy; I have a flip phone:D

Fedman and clunker like this.
  25. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

...but if you "love" it so much how can you watch it fall apart, put it somewhere where you can keep on looking at it in one piece.

26. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

xpletiv,

If he goes and puts under cover, like in a building or something, how is he going to be able to torment everyone that might be interested in buying it?! I think he probably loves "game" more than he loves the car.

27. Gman0046

Gman0046

Woozy, now that you confirmed 11 K won't buy it and the owner won't say what he'll take for it, looks as if he's one of those who'd rather watch it sit and rot instead of taking a wad of cash.

Reminds me of the time I was at a auto parts yard sale where a rust free appearing 34 Ford 5 window was sitting in the garage. I asked the owner who was about 95 what he'd take for it. He replied its not for sale I'm going to build that car someday. Yeah right, when he's about 110 that will happen.

Gary

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
    Hunter73 likes this.
  28. Welcome to the 1990's! I miss my flip phone.

29. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

One question I would ask the farmer is "who removed all the missing parts", and does he have them?Deuce stuff is not cheap.

30. What's wrong with having a flip phone? I have one and it was the best working one on the salt at Bville in our group of guys.
    My thoughts on the Vick is it's a good buy for 12K - 13K

big duece likes this.