Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Unbelievable grove find (32 Vicky)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WØZZY, Aug 4, 2016.

1. "bigfoot sighting" Ha! That's funny! I swear, you would have more luck keeping a starving dog away from a raw steak than HAMBERs away from a '32 Ford. I love it.

2. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I got a kick outta that myself...

Grandadeo likes this.
  3. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

I'll play along..... If the farmer knows what it's worth then why not get it out of those trees. One good storm and it could be severely damaged (snow/wind). It's like leaving $11 grand lying out in the grove for the wind to scatter. I know it's probably been there for awhile but....... If it were mine, it would be inside somewhere a little safer. Sorry about the rant.

4. There is no doubt the owner wins in the yard art category,heck he may be elevated to Lawn Sculpture status! :D HRP

kiwijeff and slowmotion like this.
  5. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

Does he have the title to it? If so I would bring $12k in cash over there and wave it in his face. Have another $3k in a different pocket if $12k won't do it. Then bring it home and put it on eBay with a $20k reserve. You should be able to get that and maybe more. Good luck....

6. slowmotion

slowmotion

Danny, that Vick may very well be the Mona Lisa of yard art. Incredible find. I hope someone (here) can save it at (whatever price), so we can watch the build thread of build threads.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  7. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

If you zoom in on one of those photos you can just make out a street sign.

8. You and I both brother. HRP

9. Yeah,I see it! HRP

samp57f0b0a587061bf1.jpg

safetythird, catdad49 and clem like this.
  10. Wow! I don't think I ever remember someone finding a 32 Vicky just sitting and rotting. Super rare find.
    Since it must be fairly hidden to have been sitting there for so long, you could probably make some money on that if you don't want it. Find out what it would take to buy it and flip it to someone.

11. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Yep
    Sitting on the corner of "ya wanna get rid of that old car" and "nope, I'm gonna restore it some day".

Mona and clem like this.
  12. Looks like just a 20 louver to me...

Steve

clem and kidcampbell71 like this.
  13. After looking at the back side of the hood I believe you are correct.HRP

[​IMG]

14. alchemy

alchemy

That's an original 32 intake, so if the 32 block and an original aluminum pan are on their still, they might be worth a couple grand as well. Unless they are cracked beyond use.

Go back and just ask his price. No games.

15. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Considering a buddy sold a all steel 32 Ford 5-w coupe body (only) with no frame in Ky. some 10 years ago for $12,000, I'd say it's worth it. Hope someone gets it and builds it.

16. The37Kid

The37Kid

How are the Google Earth searches going? Bob

17. MAD 034

MAD 034
    from Washington

Yes -- go back and ask him what he wants. Have plenty of cash on hand and pay his price. Don't haggle as he may dig in deeper. Good luck.

18. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

When all else fails take a couple friends along with cash in their pockets make it a partnership purchase! Joe

19. ,,,if the guy turned down 11K, and supposedly knows it's worth, why is it sitting outside rotting away?....this guy probly won't sell it at any price.

clem, Mona and falcongeorge like this.
  20. A Boner

A Boner

^ Sounds like a dumb shit to me!

21. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

The grille alone is worth $10-$11k!!! This thread hurts my eyes!

22. Tetanus

Tetanus

I think I'm going to puke,so 11k is not enough what was his price? He didn't say not for sale did he? If you knew about it a decade I think you should give it up for someone to save.I'm sure somebody would give u a finders fee to hook them up with it.it's going to be just crumbs soon!

Sent from my LG-US780 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

The37Kid likes this.
  23. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

maybe he is one that enjoys "playing" with people and does not care if it rots into the ground

24. I'd start negotiations off by letting him bang out my girlfriend. Throw in some numerical positions, and her pole smokin' Olympics .... and you may very well getcha' a Vicky. Otherwise it's only money. Trading dreams is the ticket, my friend. :cool:

25. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Kid, if that's your gf in your avatar ( I know it's not, the hurst medallion Is a dead giveaway;)) you'll be in like Flynn:p

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  26. The farmer don't want to sell would be my guess.
    He's probably well off, or he would have sold it by now.

27. Pat Thompson

Pat Thompson

Well lets see, oh to be able to find something like this.... Priceless!

28. Putting aside all the speculation and bull shit............I think real money is $17,000 for that Vic.

rottenpop likes this.
  29. WØZZY

WØZZY
    from Tyler,MN

When I talked to him 10 years ago, he wouldn't sell it at any price. It's sitting where it is because it was parked there in the 50s and has a weekend worth of digging out just to move it somewhere else. I fail to understand the logic behind letting it sink into the dirt as well, but he says it doesn't cost him anything to keep it there.

He has my phone number hanging in his shop. He's getting up there in age and is realizing he might not finish all of his projects. I'll keep stopping by occasionally to see if he comes around.

I'm glad I posted this, there's a lot of good pointers here on how to go about getting him to change his mind.

kiwijeff and partsdawg like this.
  30. WØZZY

WØZZY
    from Tyler,MN

So, what's the actual estimated value of that winter grille?