Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Unbelievable grove find (32 Vicky)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WØZZY, Aug 4, 2016.

1. WØZZY

WØZZY
    from Tyler,MN

I've known about this car for the better part of the last decade. Today I was finally able to get some pics to prove I'm not full of it when I say I know where there's an original 32 Vicky in the trees of a farm. Pretty sure that's the original flathead too, considering the water pump placement? I uploaded an album of pics for you to enjoy:
    20160804_140848.jpg
    20160804_140927.jpg
    20160804_140836.jpg
    20160804_140957.jpg
    So, what is the actual value of a car like this? I know it's not a common find, but his valuation seems a little high to me. ($11k)

Attached Files:

VANDENPLAS, swade41, Hank37 and 8 others like this.
  2. 32 Vicky is probably my favorite ride. If that car was close by I would lay the money down right now. Damn I am drooling and wishing I had a way to reserve it!

I wouldn't have any interest in it if it was any other Deuce

3. I'd buy it. If 11K sounds steep for a '32, you won't like what it costs to actually build it.

Greaser Bob likes this.
  4. draggin'GTO

draggin'GTO

For 11K you're stealing it.

Is it on your trailer yet?

5. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

And a Pines Winterfront grille!

6. Wozzy,
    I am in New Ulm, not far away, I head through your neck of the woods fairly often to see my daughters in Brookings. Looks like something you better pick up, if not send me a PM!
    Eric

7. Note to self: Grab truck and trailer and burn rubber to Tyler, Minnesota ...don't forget to grab MasterCard.

LOU WELLS and need louvers ? like this.
  8. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Cripes, I was so star struck I missed that completely.
    Now about those hood sides!
    11k, what's that in LARS dollars?

9. Lil32

Lil32

$60

29AVEE8 likes this.
  10. Wow....second post and you wonder what it is worth ? Do you follow our anguish often or just when

11. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

a real "treet" to view it - "wood" be best to save to save it from the "Grove Grave" - sometimes can not see the forest for the trees - opportunity is knocking - who is going to answer the door and step up to the call to save it? "known about it for a decade"

12. Wow! What a great find and a bargain at that price - sell the winterfront and you'll be into it for less than half!

Steve

13. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

looks like a good buy at $11,000.00 from here.... but you are not from here.:)

A Rodder, need louvers ? and clunker like this.
  14. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

Offer him 10k then give him 12k, say "thank you very much" then haul ass!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

15. deucendude

deucendude
    from norcal

Where do you live? Under a rock? Better get it. I will pay handsomely for the grill?

16. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

I agree on the Vicky being the best looking and best proportioned Deuce. I've seen Roadsters and Coupes in that condition sell for twice that price. Looks really straight and solid. Dash, column, garnish moldings (?). Definitely the "HAMB find of the month" so far for August!

Jump on it! Bring a trailer and 9 Grand in cash and take it home. As Steve said, unload the Winter front. Take the money and buy a drivetrain for it and you'll be on your way. What else is he "giving away"?
    How much was he asking a decade ago for it? One things for sure; if it sits another decade, you can bet the price will be at least double the 11k........

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
    volvobrynk likes this.
  17. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I'd buy it in a heartbeat irrespective that my liquid assets are currently limited due to be tied up in other real property.

18. Airborne34

Airborne34
    from Texas

Would be in my garage by now at $11K.

19. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Am I the only one who suspects a massive chain yanking??

20. WØZZY

WØZZY
    from Tyler,MN

Well, I can see how you'd think that. Only 2 posts on the board and one looks like a Bigfoot sighting.

But, aside from the Facebook group I also posted these pics to, you won't find them anywhere else on the internet.

21. WØZZY

WØZZY
    from Tyler,MN

So, some clarification -
    I'm not buying this car.
    I'm definitely not brokering this car.
    The owner is pretty sharp and knows what he has. The $11k isn't a price he gave me to buy it, just a ballpark of what he thought it was worth. His actual words were "Well, I was offered $11k and it's still sitting there"

I posted this in the inspirational section because I thought it was absolutely amazing to find a 32 Vicky in the trees of a farm. It's always been a hobby of mine to look for old iron, and I have a pretty good collection of pics I've taken over the years. This was the most amazing thing I've ever come across, so I thought I'd share it with people who would appreciate it. :)

wandi harry, Stogy, kiwijeff and 3 others like this.
  22. thanks for posting , that is indefinably something you don't see every day. sounds like $11,000 won't buy it

what's in these other pictures you have?

Hot Rod Grampa likes this.
  23. clem

clem

So he wants more than $11k.
    If he wanted to sell it, it would be gone a long time ago.
    How about posting some pics of your other finds ?

falcongeorge likes this.
  24. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

Yup, going to sit there and rot some more..........

25. The37Kid

The37Kid

Well worth the $11,000. Bob

rod1 likes this.
  26. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

The vicky is a great looking car. Depending on the bottom of the car and key components like garnish moldings . I believe it's double that offer that he turned down.Thanks for posting the pictures and letting dream about what's out there .

27. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Great find. It costs to be the boss.

28. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Somewhat more plausible now that the "11k" thing has been clarified...

29. Let me think, it's a Deuce Vicky,it has a Pines Winterfront and a 25 louver hood ~ It's a no brainer. HRP

LOU WELLS, WB69 and thommoina33 like this.
  30. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

If the seller is truly not selling, the pics are (sadly) destined for the "Sitting and Rotting" thread.
    I hope someone is able to buy it and do the car justice. While it would make a great, unchopped traditional Rod, we have to consider the fact it would also be a great candidate for a restoration.

Either way, I bet your PM in box has blown up with requests for the sellers contact info.

If the car goes to auction, you can bet they'll be more than several ravenous bidders pushing the price to crazy heights!

26 T Ford RPU likes this.