Register now to get rid of these ads!

Un road worthy wire wheel??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sir, Nov 21, 2010.

1. sir

sir

i am looking for ideas for using a not useable wheel..

2. Gerg

Gerg

hang your airlines or extension cords around it

3. Sorry no pix but I took an unusable 17" Ford wire wheel and tire and 1/2 buried it in the rock garden by my shop. Looks kinda rustic with a V8 hubcap sticking out of the ground, like someone took the 1/2 buried car away and left the wheel.

4. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

hang in shop for air hose,garden for water

5. barslazyr

barslazyr

I have one that i plan on putting a clock work in the center and hang it on the wall

6. ScottV

ScottV

Lay it down, and put a nice piece of beveled and possibly tinted glass on it for a coffee table.

7. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Cut it in half (like a big giant circle) & make a Christmas wreath out of it with evergreen cuttings around the outside and put some Christmas swag on the wires & hang it on your door.........

8. moefuzz

moefuzz

Make a bar type table out of it.

Use a spare axle for the leg. You may need to remove and reinstall the wheel studs backwards and install the wheel onto the axle from the axle side (rather than the hub or normal wheel side).

You can also install an old tire/tube onto the rim for a nice soft feel when you plant your foot on it.

The choice of table top is up to you. Just weld or attach a round plat or platter to splined end of the axle. Astipped down center section will fit onto the splines and may also allow the table top to spin if done right.

The one other uses I have had for rims are for wall art (with vintage hubcap and beauty ring), or for use as a hotrod garden variety planter. The center hole looks nice with petunias in it.

OR.....

I did see a neat idea at the local world of wheels show...
    A school bus seat (with back attached) with wire wheels/tires welded to each end and used as a rocking chair/bench. There were provisions built in to keep the 'rocker' from tipping over as well as the guy installed some cycle style fenders over each wheel for added looks. The whole shebang was finished with a 50's/60's grille hangin from underneath the bench seat.

[​IMG]

I think this is a nice alternative to using the back half of a car as a sofa/couch/loveseat.

jmho

moe

9. I use one for a grinder stand base or bead roller depending on what I need at the time. Not a junk wheel, just the only one I have left.