Register now to get rid of these ads!

UK 27T Modified

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by blackjack, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Howdy - I'm new to The HAMB. I'm putting together a 27T modified using all original steel panels and a 21T one ton truck chassis. Running gear is late 30's Ford and the engine is a 347 Pontiac. The theme is post-war and pre-Elvis. I've attached picture below.

2. Excellent start....looks like you had a plan going in.

Welcome ! :D

3. Johnny - you've really gotta want one to build one here.

4. Big D

Big D

Looks great, I'm doing a 27 T myself, were about the same progress, I'm useing an 8BA. Welcome to the H.A.M.B. talk to ya later BIG D

5. Sticher1

Sticher1
    from Ct

Welcome aboard Black Jack well the wheels are right good start keep on it

6. They are borrowed and are just to keep it off the ground ;-}

I've just ordered up some raw steels which will be stoved in black (or maybe cream) and fitted with black walls - dirt trackers on the back and implements on the front. Caps & rings too.

The whitewalls & chrome reverse are a little too late for what I after.

Here's a photo of the rearend - I've used the T truck cross member which has been boxed and uses a Model A spring.

7. coupe5w36

coupe5w36

G'day from Australia. The T looks great, keep us posted as it progresses please.

8. v8minor

v8minor

bout ye from Belfast .. I think my mate james bell just got a glass body from you ?? I am belfast kustoms on the nsra site .

9. ..I think my mate james bell just got a glass body from you ??

Yes - it was only a few weeks old. I had cut the floor out and notched the firewall to take the engine & gearbox. But the car was coming together so nicely that I felt it just had to have a steel body. So James got a bargain.

10. Welcome from another Brit in the USA..also on the UKNSRA forum :D (Same name)

Progressing well with the car. Post more soon!

Dave

11. Hotrob

Hotrob
    from DFW, TX

Cool project.

This is a good place to get the advise, and parts that you need to finish it.

Welcome to the HAMB