Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 'Ugly Cars' & Audi!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nolly, Apr 20, 2010.

1. fenian65

fenian65

the only thing ugly was the audi...........

2. Fingers

Fingers

I reckon you are right.

3. I liked it. If nothing else I got to see some old cars do cool doughnuts with loud noises..... I could care less what other cars or subject matter was in the commercial.

4. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

sadly the general public would disagree...

just like all the others...

yep

ditto, though if it was my money and I was buying an Audi it'd be one of these....

[​IMG]

as ugly as it is, it was the shit in the 80's, especially as far as Rally cars go...

5. Well, I loved this commercial up until the Audi shoed up. I like jalopies and hot rods. I live in a country were I see about 7 of these a day and I must say they are pretty boring looking. Also how is a guy like me supposed to even change the spark plugs. I would take one of those old rods anyday.

6. bobbyd08

bobbyd08
    from md

There was an Audi in that commercial :confused:

7. That commercial was cool despite it focusing on a car that most folks on here would never buy.

8. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

"ohh gezzz,, be serious. If you are a car person ,,you should be just that . an appreciation for all things car.."

Why?Is someone less of a 'car person' just cause modern shit don't turn 'em on?Next thing you'll be telling me I should consider the technologic acheivements of the Prius.'Beauty' is in the eye of the beholder,and I just about go blind after the '65 Riviera.I don't have to appreciate 'all things car',only what I like.
    Paul

9. RichG

RichG

I wish I could say stuff like this without sounding like a tool :p. The English have such cool slang IMHO :D.

10. Deathtrap Kustoms

Deathtrap Kustoms

So everything thats advertised is shit?????????

11. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Yep, its English, but I'm Welsh!:D;) I like to use these type of words every now and then it helps spread their useage, give it a try you'll know you won't regret it!:D:D:D;)

Nick.

12. A men brother!

13. ukgav

ukgav

All in each owner ended up with around $3000 out of the deal. Certainly worthwhile.
    They covered everything, transport, hotels, fuel, even a bit of cash for an evening meal and a drink. Oh and the repairs when they bent mine.;)

14. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Gav, I'm GLAD you came outta the deal smelling of roses, nice to know you got what seems a fair amount.Plus your Truck looks GOOD with its new wires fitted!

Nick.

15. I see this type of stuff on forums lots. How do they choose your car. Do they just go around to car shows asking people or what?

16. ukgav

ukgav

I think they had researched what they were after then contacted a couple of hot rodders over here who then put a request on a few of forums.
    I wasn't going to do it at first due to hearing some horror stories about people's pride and joy being abused when used for filming but decided I needed the cash!:)

17. Vorhese

Vorhese

My boss is freaking out because he gets the new Audi every time. He has the R8, and has the R8 Spider on order. He loves my 53 Desoto and I convinced him to buy a 70 Triumph chop. The Audi's are actually pretty sweet cars. But I try to keep him on path to Koolsville. He freaked out when he saw the commercial and had to show me.

[​IMG]

Come on, this is cool
    [​IMG]

Reposting the videos
    <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ctt70KFWE1g&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ctt70KFWE1g&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f6b9YfQCQ5k&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f6b9YfQCQ5k&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>