Register now to get rid of these ads!

TY55 Hemi?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BeyerAutoSalvage, May 6, 2013.

1. BeyerAutoSalvage

BeyerAutoSalvage
    from Trenton FL

I have a friend looking to sell a couple of Hemi's to me, and I have the ID's one is a NE55 331, easy to identify, but the other is a TY5562162, it is a Chrysler, but the TY is throwing me off, he said they were both from France, had 2x4 intakes on them, and were from a French Touring car, I do not recall the name off the top of my head. Anyone have any ideas? Also, he said the distance between the water outlet and the heads was different between the 2, which makes me think 392, but the numbers do not support that- They are in South Florida, I am in North Florida, so a visual is out of the question for a week or 2.
    Thanks for any help!

2. 41hemi

41hemi

Give us the head casting numbers and the block casting numbers. Block numbers are on top of block next to the valley pan. Head numbers are under the valve cover. This will really help tremendously in narrowing down what you have.

3. chriseakin

chriseakin

Was it a Facel Vega? I'm trying to think of a French car that would have used a Chrysler engine.

4. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

That's my thought too........I believe FV used Chrysler engines.

Ray

5. TY is the export prefix for the Chrysler engines that were sent to France for the Facel Vega . The prefix was used on the Hemi as well as the B series engines . The rest of the engine and casting numbers follow Chrysler code. Check the numbers carefully Facel used several hi performance Hemi's . The Facel below had the same 354/340 hp from the Chrysler 300s of the time .

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is a link to the block and casting numbers from Hot Hemi Heads site .

http://hothemiheads.com/hemi_info/index.html

Last edited: May 6, 2013