Register now to get rid of these ads!

Two wheel progress, Merry Xmas to me.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Glen, Dec 25, 2003.

1. Glen

Glen

I started this project with Paul Yaffe back in September, They called yesterday and said its ready to come home....Monday seems a long way away. From front to rear tire it is 3" short of 10 feet long.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Well....I think it's cool. But what is it like to ride something like that. My kids chopper minibilke was kinda unstable.
    SO now what? Thats the way you get it back and then you will paint and assemble it. Keep us posted. It's defanitly a hotrod bike.

3. so-cheap

so-cheap

Very nice Glen! I was wondering about the progress on that bike. I really like the shape of that tank. How long till you take it for a spin?

4. Glen

Glen

Ya, I dont want to end up with a flashy billet bike. Black will be the order and it will rely on its own character instead of ball milled goobies and flashy paint. I want to weld tubing into the tanks all the way thru allowing you to see thru the tank, I want to play with some 3/8 stainless tubing that could be polished after the bike is painted.

The triple tree has 6 degrees of rake built into it from the neck, that gives it a power steering feel and keeps the front end from "flopping" over when turned from center. The rake and trail factor should be fine for high speed.

I dont know a time frame, I want to do some crazy stuff to the tank and fender, make my own foot controls/shifter/brake pedal.

5. manyolcars

manyolcars

Roadstar asks, "What is it like to ride something like that?" I had heard that long front ends are unstable, hard to steer, blah, blah. When I rode my Harley with extended forks, I found it very comfortable and easy to handle, It was specially easy to manuever at no speed as when backing and also turning as when parking or getting out of a tight space. My experiences were so good that I wondered how the rumors of poor handling got started. Possibly they were started by those who hate choppers or maybe they were using drag bars.

6. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

don't take this the wrong way but in re:your handlebar risers,i've always avoided pointed protuberences on my bikes.just in case,you know? [​IMG] [​IMG] -george

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Looks like the progress is coming right along. I really like the rear fender and the fender support thingy. Looking forward to seeing the next stage of progress photos.

Happy Holidays bud

8. quickrod

quickrod

pauls a good dude,he and i are in the same motor cycle club.he builds some real kool pieces.have you guys seen the bobber he built a year or two ago?,that thing was pisser.you planning on sturgis?would like to see it up close. [​IMG]

9. Glen

Glen

It wont be ready for Sturgis..

here is the bobber. [​IMG]

10. quickrod

quickrod

glen,how well do you know paul?do you know butch and myron?

11. Glen

Glen

I dont know them at all, I know their faces but dont know them personally.

12. quickrod

quickrod

butch is the dude with the fake leg.he's a photographer,takes good pictures.took a couple pictures of my pro-street fxr,wish i had a couple.

13. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

[ QUOTE ]
    he and i are in the same motor cycle club.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you bragging or complaining?

Glen,the bike looks bitchin,,i like the risers,and i like the new rear fender.cool.