Register now to get rid of these ads!

Two Shows, Two Days, Two States.....Part 1

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Jan 15, 2007.

1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

HUGE thanks go to you Doc for ALL you do to not only support the HAMB artists but others as well, not to mention your very generous donation to the Childrens Hospital. You ROCK! I had a BLAST spending your money:D and look forward to us working together again to build your collection.

For those that don't know Doc is a real Doctor specializing in pediatric emergency medicine so this auction benifiting Children's Hospital is right up his alley. Most at the auction knew who I was there representing and the story behind it and asked me many times to pass along my thanks to Doc. So THANKS DOC!:cool:

2. NiteOwlChris

NiteOwlChris

oh yea and that pic of that burger joint is My and my dads resturant started in 1948 by my grandpa. Sorry we are only seasonal, March through December. Thanks again for the great coverage
    Chris

3. CheaterCarl

CheaterCarl

Those are great photos Denise!! There was SOOO MUCH talent on hand, you did a killer job of showing it!
    It's a good thing the Nite Owl was not open cuz you may not have made the show after eating there!!
    carl Cheatersheski

4. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

Thanks for sharing HRLC.Great pics! Mike

5. DeuceDog

DeuceDog
    from Breese, IL

Wonderful..As usual.
    DD

6. Brett88

Brett88
    from ILLINOIS

Hey Denise,
    It was nice talking to you at the show. Milwaukee is a great event for a great cause. All the numbers have not been crunched yet, but was told were close to $60,000.....Brett

7. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

some outstanding work, bring in some big money for a good cause.

BobK, I love the one you won

would have loved to have the woodie on snow tracks..

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

WOW! I'm stoked about that! Very cool! Thanks to you for being a part of making it so successful.

It was wonderful meeting you and having the opportunity to watch you work. Hopeully I'll see you in a couple of months here in Detroit.;)

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Thanks for the heads up;) :D

10. Rusty

Rusty

Too COOL, as always thanks for sharing

11. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

great pics. did you get a chance to talk to WillieG?

12. Hey Doc... I was hoping that Denise would suprise you with the Deuce grill...! But she was a "Good Girl" and let Willie G. Davidson get it.... OOOOoooooffffftaaa....!!! (Don't let that happen again!!!):D

Denise... you're one "Awesome" gurl...!!!! Great seeing you again...!

13. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Yeah, that was my fault. I had her working off cash when I should have just given her a blank check. I've never been to one of these events, and I underestimated the quality and demand for some of the pieces. I am a quick learner though. I promise you it won't happen again. HAHA.

Doc.

14. When I saw Denise at the auction... I waived to her and the Auctioneer counted it as a bid....!!!!:eek:

After that... I spent most of the day with my hands in my pockets!!! Hahaha...!:D

15. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'm a quick learner too. I found out they take credit cards........you trust me with your number right.......:D

16. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Yeah, I showed him my purse and thanked him for signing it. I wasn't present when Paul took it over to him to sign. Willie then thanked both me and Larry for being there and supporting the hospital and we thanked him for all his contributions. Him and Larry then talked about the panels that Harley donates for the stripers to work on.

These panels aren't flimsy thin sheet metal. This stuff is thick and heavy. Harley has them all custom painted in every color you can imagine and donates these panels throughout the year to the different workshops that take place just for this auction.

I gave Willie a hard time for winning what I wanted BUT it IS all for the children.:cool:

17. breederswife

breederswife

I love your coverage of things (you know that is going to be taken wrong by a few that read this:D ). You do a great job. Feel like I was there myself. :)

18. Wow, Thank you Denise for such a wonderful post.You really caught the essence of this event and did a beautiful job of describing what went on. It was fantastic to spend time with you at the show. Babe-alicious!

Your pics are topnotch and recorded a very important and historical time in our lives.

Alton, this years "Pinstripe Legend" is a great person and transcends what "this thing of ours" is all about". I gotta tell ya, his artwork in person is so nice, so tight, so disciplined that it will make you cry to view it and could start wars and conquer nations! No shit!

All the artists were very generous with their time and creativity.

Ray Drae, Dave "the Letterman" Jefferies, Barry Quackenbush and company are a class act. They put on a tremendous show and are very, very kind to all of us "wack job" stripers.

Willie G sure was a nice, patient and classy guy. It made my day to be able to talk to him, get his pic taken with him, get his autograph and then he thanks me for being there.....twice! Man, they sure make a guy feel like someone up there in Brewtown.

Alan Johnson and David Hightower are my new heroes! Two very cool and talented guys.

There's one artist there that I really have alot of respect for and has been a friend, mentor, and very kind and generous to me at this event. That's fellow artisian and HAMB'r Larry Hansen aka Oldbobsign. It don't get any better than this guy.

I could go on and on, but ya all get the picture.

I'm so honored to have been able to particpate in this event. The dough goes to a very good cause and the work presented is the very best by the very best.

Thanks again Denise! I'm already working on next year and it's also "Tiki Time"!:D

Joel

19. http://4himphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/2330415http://4himphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/2330415

Hello Denise!
    You covered a lot of ground in two days!
    This was my first panel jam and I Really did not know what to expect!
    All I can say is that the talent that showed up well.. Is second to none! AMAZING Detail!!
    And to top it off everyone was just a lot of fun to be around! Alton is a trip!! I just wanted to say hello! (Again!) And pass off the link to the pictures that I took of the show. I have it set up so people can email their pictures to the site and then I can just drop them in the gallery! Slide shows are free!! Any pictures or products purchased through the site goes to the Children’s Hospital!
    So pass it on!!
    Bob

20. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

Denise what a great job on the pic's. Hope to see you at the Roundup!

21. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Bob, were you the guy I ran into under the A frame panel display thingy on Saturday?:D Looks like you found this place OK huh?;) I haven't had a chance to look thru your album but I sure will cuz from what I saw you took way more then I did thats for sure and I'm excited to see them.

Will our paths cross at the Detroit Panel Jam in March at the Autorama??

22. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

We sure had fun didn't we sweetie! I'll see you in March;)

23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

24. LUCIFR

LUCIFR
    from Seattle

outstanding photos denise.. looks like a great show

25. Wet Paint

Wet Paint
    from Iowa

Denise, great pictures!!!! I don't think anyone knows how awesome the artwork is at that show....it really is the best kept secret anywhere. I was so glad to meet you and all the pinstripers in attendance, this will always be a regular stop for me.

Hetz

26. slammed

slammed