Register now to get rid of these ads!

"Two Lane Blacktop" now available on DVD

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dave Woods, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Dave Woods

Dave Woods
    from SoCal

Sorry if this is old news...didn't see a mention using the search tool...according to Roger Ebert's site, it was released 12/11. Better hurry and tell Santa!

2. 51 Hemi J

51 Hemi J

The copies sold on ebay are pretty decent and worth the money IMHO. Mine had something wrong with it though, because it kind of looked like a burning movie reel at the end...

:p

3. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

Not sure about this deal but I've had a copy for several years now. A buddy gave it to me for Christmas. Mine is from Anchor Bay Entertainment and may have been unauthorized at the time. Looks real official though.

4. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

That's how the movie ends.

5. I bought a copy on DVD some five years ago... I think.

6. BPDRacing

BPDRacing

Mine is an Anchor Bay copy from 1999 as well. One of the great car movies everyone needs in their collection.

BPD

7. Da Injun

Da Injun

Why would you take that as a serious comment? Could you not tell he was joking?

8. Lil' Billy

Lil' Billy
    from Georgia

9. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

Didn't see any indication that he was joking. I've seen and heard lots of people that thought something was wrong with their videos. Some of the early videos (not only TLB) were real poor copies from film.

10. why not burn a copy off the tube its on like twice a month..

11. Drive Em

Drive Em

Hamb Police is in the house.

12. swazzie

swazzie

and.................?

13. Dave Woods

Dave Woods
    from SoCal

Sorry; I knew there were ILLEGALLY made copies out there. For the few, apparently, who believe in things like copyright, I thought I might mention there are quality, legit versions available now... and I hope none of you buying counterfeit DVD's made in the far East are not the same guys bitching about not being able to buy quality stuff made in the USA anymore, or crying 'cause your job's been outsourced offshore. (Sorry, didn't take my happy pills today...)

14. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

Now your walking a glass, pal. My copy is legit, legal and purchased in a big store by a buddy for my Christmas present years ago. I think you misunderstand the word "unauthorized". These are very legal and grat quality.

15. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Man I was at circuit city today doing some last minute shopping and I looked for it.No luck...:(

16. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

I now have it in a WMV fomat for my new Zune the my wife got me for X-Mas. Got that and Thunder Road from 1958 with Robert Mitchum.

Now I'm set for my next long trip to So Cal.

Vance