Register now to get rid of these ads!

Two gals and a 34 PU Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kisam, May 20, 2009.

1. I love seeing other women building hotrods. My 16 year old daughter is building a 1933 Ford pickup and like you she does all her own work too. I am building a 1924 Ford closed cab pickup. The 33 was mine but gave it up for my 24. I just love old trucks. Look forward to more pictures.Thanks for keeping us posted.

volvobrynk likes this.
  2. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

anything new on the truck ?

3. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Great idea to thin down the frame. Those "big truck" frames are a lot heavier material than passenger car and pickup frames so your not loosing any strength by thinning them down. Keep posting your progress. Like others have said, lady hot rodders rock.:cool:

Frank

volvobrynk likes this.
  4. kisam

kisam

All work and no play makes me a dull girl! I have been working out of town since June and lots of overtime, so I haven't done anything. Everything should be back to normal by November so we can start a trashing for Roundup (Since Tanya told everyone last year, her truck would be there in 2010 - too much Miller Lite)!

volvobrynk likes this.
  5. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

6. Nice work on the truck frame!!I may have to do that on my truck. Thanks for the pictures.

7. What's the scoop Kathy? It's been a month since I was over there, is it ready for a drive yet?

Did you use the plasma cutter on the rails? If so, how well did it work?

8. kisam

kisam

Richard, not even close to driving. I'm working 13-12's on and 2 days off through to Feb. We got the engine together last night and then Tanya started trying to talk me out of the flathead in my roadster! It would be a better fit but she got such a good deal on the 350 and I found the old Edlebrock three deuce set up on Craigslist for a song! Brokenspoke Bill donated an aluminum bellhousing and she bought a T-5 from him for $75. Need to get the engine and tranny mounted so I can finalize some things on the frame. I'm not sure about the bed yet - it needs to be taller. I like the way the original beds followed the bottom line of the cab.

Your plasma cutter worked really good for about 10 minutes and then it wouldn't fire off. I think it's a saftey holding it out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

volvobrynk likes this.
  9. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

good look'in truck,fenders look great........:)

10. robertsregal

robertsregal

11. How did you finish cutting?
    P.S. That 3x2 setup is the cat's pajamas.

volvobrynk likes this.
  12. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

They are back on this project.....this should be a breeze after the Tuffy build....

13. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I think this should be a reality tv show---

14. chaddilac

chaddilac

Wow how freakin cool!!!! I'll trade you out of that 350 for a flathead 2x2 and a 36 tranny!!!! Let me know Girls!!! :D

volvobrynk likes this.
  15. kisam

kisam

Lots of cuttoff wheels and time - that one ton frame is thick! That 3x2 set up is supposedly off of an old corvette? I rebuilt the carbs already - if I didn't do it right we will call Dickster since he is in the process of moving here!:)

Well I'm still learning but Tuffy definately taught me a lot. Prior to him the oldest thing I had worked on was a 38 Chevy PU in high school. We will see you at the swap meet. I'm making a list.

Now that's funny - I don't think my life is that entertaining but we could always call Richard D in for some "slap stick" comedy and change the rating to R.

Tanya was looking online for a flatty but she told me today that she just wants to get it on the road! I think she will be happier with the 350 in the long run.

I got the floor cut out, engine mounts made, and installed the engine/tranny yesterday. Maybe Tanya will post some pics.

volvobrynk likes this.
  16. Checking in on this one to keep track of it. Looking good!

17. kisam

kisam

Mated up the tranny and engine for motor mount mock up.

[​IMG]

Motor mounts tacked in

[​IMG]

Looked good so Tanya drilled the holes and Ty kept the bit cooled

[​IMG]

Started modifying the trans mount. We will come back to this when final stance is done.

[​IMG]

Quick mock up on steering column that Brokenspoke Bill gave to Tanya. This will be a cross steer.

[​IMG]

Next up is to C-notch the rear frame, install the front end, and then back to the trans mount.

[​IMG]

volvobrynk likes this.
  18. Dave50

Dave50

I haven't had time to read your build on tuffy and now this, your killing me lol great work a truck build is in my future and I am tossing a 34 around keep up the good work

19. Any more progress on the truck?

20. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

You seem to be building a lot of cool stuff lately. Didn't see this one from back in the past but I like it!

volvobrynk likes this.
  21. kisam

kisam

Guys, my real job keeps getting in the way! We are working 60-84hrs a week but it should all be over this month. Tanya and I have been talking colors but I don't think she likes my pick!:eek: (but I'm still working on her)

22. kisam

kisam

Well I've crawled out of the depths of hell, and I'm back on it! Update tonight when my body gives out!

23. Kathy, I just looked at your profile page yesterday as it had been a while since we'd seen anything from you! You go sistah!

24. Brandi

Brandi

Ooooh. I like where this is headed.

25. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Kathy, take another look at the height of that bed...Some guys position them too high, and the truck starts looking 'boxy'...It looks cool like it's sitting in the last coupla pics.
    Please consider the side view before raising it too high...

Man, you gals get it done! I was impressed with the cut you did on the frame. (a favorite trick of mine)
    Most guys I recommend this to start crying, "That's an INSANE idea, way impractical!"
    Well? Look what you could have....

26. kisam

kisam

Thanks Mike and Brandi. Atwater I may have to c channel to get the rear down where I want it. It would have been so much easier to put another frame under it, but I'm stubborn.

volvobrynk likes this.
  27. johnod

johnod

Glad to hear you're back at it. After reading the Tuffy build I've been looking forward to this.

28. jerry

jerry

Good to hear from you! About time.

Hoping that y'all have a very happy holiday season!

jerry

29. I just found this thread, I will read it all tonight.
    I like what a quick look at the first page shows.
    Subscribed!

volvobrynk likes this.
  30. looks cool! can't wait to see updates!