Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Two deals in one week... things definitely changing for me... and others!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hamtown Al, Aug 29, 2019.

1. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

That RC car reminds me of the commercial on TV that has the roadster with two rats in it going down the street, Allstate maybe?

2. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

IMG_2387.JPG
    Ready for new tires tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

3. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Ran across this picture of Turbo Dickie from our trip to LARS in 2016.
    Dickie at speed    taken by Ron .jpg Think the wheels are gonna be black! Surprised didn't get thousand suggestions... y'all boys falling asleep on me!:eek::D

4. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you are going with black, the bright side is you'll only have to re-paint 1/2 of the firewall....every other square:p:D

Plates are on the Cabriolet and took my first run in it this morning...about 15 miles with no issues! It runs good, trans appears to be shifting correctly and it really rides nice. Bonnie loves the extra room and especially the smoother ride. I'm sure it won't be long before she is "borrowing" ito_O

This car is going to bring back the fun of "hot rodding as a couple" again. PRICELESS. Of course bonus is I HAVE A REALLY COOL NEW PROJECT TO WORK ON!!!:D

Thanks my friend

5. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool story and trade, good luck !

lothiandon1940 and Hamtown Al like this.
  6. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

IMG_5103.JPG Changed the oil and filter yesterday. New AC plugs (what else from a guy with initials AC?:D) today. Jack, when did you paint the motor green?:eek::D
    I'm pleased to report that the 3/8 drive ratchet and sockets used are from a set of Par-X set my Dad gave me when I was 15... he said they were like a good cheap Snap-On.;)
    Also in the picture is the same spark plug gaping gauge my Dad carried.
    The paint on the plugs is Jack's!!:D:D

PS The eighth plug is in the box.;) Also no word yet on rear tires being mounted.:( Wheels are black but not the best paint job!:eek::D

7. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Did a quick spray bomb touch up on the block a couple years ago when I sent the valve covers & headers out for powder coating. I guess my spark plug masking skills leave a little to be desired:rolleyes:

8. catdad49

catdad49

I think you guys owe each other positive feedback! Sounds like Christmas came early for both of you.

9. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Went for a ride to test the new tires and saw a 30 tudor sitting around the corner from the ice cream shop so I stopped and took a few pictures and posted them on What did you do today? thread.
    I then moved the car to a more favored spot!;) And the folks out front wanted to get in on the picture... this was a fun first for me!
    IMG_5110.JPG The bad news is that after all the time taking pictures elsewhere and here; I found out the ice cream shop just started closing at 7PM... 5 or 6 minutes earlier!:eek::D:D
    Oh well, the ice cream will taste that much better tomorrow.;)
    I hope!:D
    Old Ford looks a bit more sinister to me with the new tires and black wheels.

10. See, Al, goofin' around and you missed out on the ice cream. You gotta stay focused when ice cream is involved.:D;)

11. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Got to the ice cream shop early today after painting the wheels and getting the new front tires mounted.
    IMG_5115.JPG I bought a whole tub of Deep Dish Apple Pie that I special ordered for our volunteer rescue squad.
    IMG_5118.JPG And delivered it to them.
    IMG_5119.JPG The trim rings would add some bling but I'm liking the more sinister look.

12. ^^^^Don't tell the previous owner, Al, but it looks so much better^^^:D................ OOOPs, Just noticed that my smiley face matches your old look wheels, so here's a yellow one........:)....Don.

13. ..............Now, about that insert.;)

Hamtown Al likes this.
  14. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Al, changed my avatar to my old panel truck for now, so I'm not displaying YOUR car anymore;)
    I should use the Cabriolet but I can't get a good pic because it's now torn apart for paint. Did finish air/heat, wipers, turn signals, mirrors etc. before tear down.

I absolutely love the black rims & caps (and no rings) on the Sedan Deliv...especially that last pic in front of the station. It looks meaner, lower and much more like a traditional vintage hot rod. NICE JOB making it yours!!!:D

I vote for gunmetal gray for the grill bars and firewall

15. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Jack, funny you should mention gunmetal gray... I have been pondering the same for the grill for sure; the firewall, maybe... or not.:D:D
    Opportunities!;)
    Thanks to all for the kind words but I, like y'all, am just trying to have fun with old cars.:)
    BTW, found out lacquer thinner is working well on getting green paint off the powder coated valve covers... so far!:D

16. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

[​IMG] how about this?

17. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh yeah Al, that's the ticket

18. catdad49

catdad49

19. Randy1944

Randy1944

I’ve got a antique John Deere tractor for sale or trade in Seymour, Tn.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  20. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

catdad,

I assume you are referring to the "chrome cat with his ass sticking up" hood ornament:)

chryslerfan55 and catdad49 like this.
  21. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

IMG_5124.JPG Parking lights with no green tint!!:D
    Notice the firewall is losing green as well.;):D

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  22. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Goodbye green forever...:eek: I see the axle is all black too. Gotta give you credit...a lot of work to get rid of that green...I had it friggin' EVERYWHERE:D

23. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

^^^Are you sure you are not known as "Irish Jack?":D:D

24. If it makes anyone happy, I'm green, green with envy that you got such a cool Sedan Delivery, Al.:D;)

catdad49, hotrodjack33 and Hamtown Al like this.
  25. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think you hit the nail on the head Al. With a name like Jack Murphy, would you expect any other color:D:D:D?

26. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Could be a bit more creative with design but heres an idea:D
    upload_2019-9-16_19-47-49.png

27. Traveling in the "Cone Zone".:D

catdad49, hotrodjack33 and Hamtown Al like this.
  28. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Al, if you're going for some Mint Chocolate Chip...the green still makes sense:D

29. I liked the green.....but I’m weird like that