Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical TV cable bracket 3x2 carbs

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by tenderloin, Jan 12, 2018.

1. tenderloin

tenderloin
    from vmo sweden

Hi!
    I´m thinking about using 3x2 carbs on my Chevy 350 with a th700r4 transmisson.
    Don´t know what brand of intake or carbs im going to use yet. But when i was looking around I couldn´t find any linkage setup with a bracket for the TV cable. Does anyone know of any?
    Thanks!
    Robin

2. alumslot

alumslot

I use Lokar trp-4005 with my 3x2 set up with 700r4. It works with Rochester carbs. Worked as should. I used a Lokar flexible throttle cable and TV cable also. If you search ebay you can find cheaper flexible cables that do the same thing.

Jim

3. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

This is one a HAMBER did with his car. Angles etc are critical @ WOT you want to work correctly or you'll have no transmission left. I've a similar with my 6x2 and replicating all the OEM geometry. You'll need to improvise and adapt something to work. I gather you are running a progressive setup so work on the centre carb and not the outboard ones.
    3x2 700.jpg

4. tenderloin

tenderloin
    from vmo sweden

thanks for the info!

5. Jim, that lokar item is the TV cable bracket. Looks like a good item.
    What did you use for the geometry corrector in the linkage of the center 2GC carb?
    Thanks,

Phil

6. alumslot

alumslot

I just hooked to the bottom of the center 2GC carb throttle linkage. The main thing is that the TV cable is tight at fully open throttle. Then if you need adjustment use the cable adjustment at the TV bracket. With Rochester carb the end carbs linkage is on the passenger side of the carb.

pprather likes this.