Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Turning a lemon into lemonade - Very rusty 55' Chevy onto a Caprice frame...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RacerRick, Jun 25, 2009.

1. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

nomad ? what nomad ?

2. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I dont think that would have worked either as the tailgate area lays forward more, the doors and quarters are also diffrent,so that would have been a diffrent animal also.

Good luck whatever you decide;)

3. Recycled Rods

Recycled Rods

Enjoyed the pics Racer Rick. I am working on a similar project.... A 55 Chevy Townsman. Hope you decide to finish what you started. It will be nice when your done.

4. RacerRick

RacerRick

Lemonade has been sold. My friend has picked it up from me and will be building it. It will be decidedly not HAMB friendly with a twin turbo small block, tubbed, and low to the ground. But it is going to a good home, and is going to be built by a very talented builder into a very fast race car.

5. koolkemp

koolkemp

Throw up a few progress pics anyways when some progress has been made...

6. RacerRick

RacerRick

Well, my friend never did anything with the car and it has now moved on to another owner, and another guy we know.

He has actually been working on it and it now has a motor/trans, brakes, and runs and drives. Still no floor in it, but it is mostly assembled and coming along. Now that I have a much bigger shop, I kind of want it back, but he is keeping it. I will try to get some pics next time I am at his shop.