Register now to get rid of these ads!

turn signals on my '62 belair

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nickles street chop shop, Feb 7, 2011.

1. nickles street chop shop

nickles street chop shop
    from Edum Tejas

I had no left turn on my belair wagon. found out I have a non stock turn switch on the bottom. Only have two wires plugged into it, when i hade the switch plugged in. no hope finding the other three factory wires that were there at some point.

anyone know anything about a two wire operated turn signals??????

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3. F&J

F&J

At the bottom?... are you looking at the back up light switch, or neutral saftey switch for automatic trans?

Signal switch is at the top of column.

4. squirrel

squirrel

Turn signal switch would be about half way down the column. But so is the neutral switch.

Those are strange cars. If you post pictures of what you have we can help you figure it out.

5. coilover

coilover
    from Texas

The only way a two wire switch could work is to have seperate stand alone lights on the rear. Could not be incorporated with the brake lights.

6. GM did a dumb for a couple of years on that turn signal switch. At least it's repoped now. The switch is below the dash on the column. Operated by a rod from the head down. Recomend a service manual to help make it clear.