Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Turn signals now obsolete?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by '34 Terraplane, Feb 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

when were turn signals made mandatory?? pretty sure Chevrolet had them as standard equipment in 54, but maybe 53.

2. wsdad

wsdad

I figure the times I forgot to use my turn signal has been more than made up for by the times I forgot to turn them off.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  3. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

I’ve seen that in Ohio from time to time.
    I’ve never got in the habit but I feel it’s a very good idea.

wraymen likes this.
  4. ken bogren

ken bogren

Be sure you get the winter blend otherwise the blinkers freeze in cold weather.
    upload_2019-2-14_18-47-29.jpeg

5. I've always assumed that the people that don't use their turn signals are the same dirtbags that are too lazy to flush the toilet...

warhorseracing likes this.
  6. That is when you flick on the off road lights on your jeep and give them a quick tan on their way by.;)
    Seriously though, that is either arrogant or just plain lazy.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. Commodoreswab

Commodoreswab
    from West TN

I have yet to see a signal for a car in reverse on an off ramp or on ramp. Also people do seem to signal when its pouring rain with their flashers on while they may drive at speed or at a crawl. They might even be stopped on the side of the road with their flashers on. Just what we see in south FL

8. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Math? Does not compute....

Hnstray likes this.
  9. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I have a friend from Ireland that was not happy how N Americans use their turn signals. In Ireland they are called turn "indicators". They are used to indicate what you are about to do and not to explain what you are doing. He was truly pissed off and he's a priest!

warhorseracing likes this.
  10. They are supposed to be used for; if you are broken down on the side of the road to warn motorists, vehicles travelling well below the posted speed limit (rarely done). Large heavy trucks pulling a long steep grade are supposed to as closing speeds can be great with a large truck going 15 MPH compared to a small car running at 55 MPH.

11. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oregon cops between Kalamath Falls and Biggs Junction on US97 catch the majority of the drug mules they catch because of a light out or improper lane change.
    In the last 20 years every time I have been stopped it was either failure to signal when pulling on the freeway (no vehicle within eye sight at night) or for what they said were tail lights that were too dim.
    Driving in Seattle when I go over there I see more lane changes without signal and have to think that is because they drive so aggressive over you have to just change lanes or they will take up the space you want to move in to keep you from getting in front of them.

12. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Try Sacramento at rush hour, it's WAR!

Ace61 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.