Register now to get rid of these ads!

Turn signal wire diagram

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mustang6147, Mar 13, 2014.

1. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

I searched and searched, Nuthin...

I am re-wiring my 59 F100. The kit cam with a flat GM column connector, but I have a Ford under steering wheel built in unit. (Stock)

Does anybody have the what color wire is what diagram?

I sure would appreciate it, if someone could post what wire does what. I have 6 wires.

2. squirrel

squirrel

3. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

4. If the car colors don't match, it's pretty easy to use a meter to determine what is what...

With the switch 'off' (no turn), three wires will have continuity to each other. Flip to left turn, one will drop out; that's the left rear light. Flip the other way, the one that drops out is the right turn. The remaining wire is power from the brake light switch.

The other three can be found much the same way; when flipped left, the left rear will read to two other wires. One will be the left front/dash indicator, the other will be power from the flasher. Flip the other way to identify the rights, the one wire common to both directions is from the flasher.

5. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

Thank you very much !

none of the wires match, and I hate electricity. Now I am looking forward to friday morning. I should be able to wrap up the exterior wires.

6. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Given to me 7 years ago, from a dear friend. One of several diagrams.

Attached Files:

7. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

Crazy Steve, I want to say thank you again!

The direction where exact, and I wired my signal switch blind (without dis-assembly) and best of all it works !!!.

Its tough when the wires are enclosed, and the switch is in question.

Thanks again.

8. Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  9. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

I saw that, and so I didn't get confused I stuck with the simpler explanation I am gonna go and read that other post later.

Before I go into something, I like to fully understand the reason behind it, so when a curve is thrown, It isn't so rough.

I will say, I bought the Speedway 20 circuit kit. I think it is great, simple to put in, but I will never again buy a 20 circuit kit. To many extra wires. I didn't study enough and went with the more is better analogy. I was wrong. The kit is great, just not in my application.

I do appreciate it.