Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Turlock Swapmeet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SlickRick83, Jan 9, 2013.

1. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

Please take the initiative, and organize it for OUTSIDE of the sales aisles- some of us actually want to look at and buy parts, without having to fight thru hordes of BS'ers. Thank You ;)

2. If you think I'm going to meet up with everyone and make new buds- Not.
    I'm going for the same reasons-looking for things!
    If I can meet some people from here that i see their names and read their posts=cool. if not= thats ok too.
    You can continue with your looking and buy your parts.
    I was just asking.
    And ya- i'm a BS'er-with people I meet who share a common passion.
    Don't worry- i won't get in your aisle. Nevermind.

3. randy

randy

I'll be hangin' in the sales aisles, eating corndogs, not buying shit and swirling in a crowd of BS'ers like seagulls around a fishing boat. Swap meets are serious!

4. I'll be out there on saturday with the misses and club members. Im looking for parts for the Model A, and Rambler.

5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

what's the rain situation going to be?

I always bring rain gear, extra socks, thermals, and assorted cold weather gear. I can't remember the last time I needed it. it all just ends up taking valuable space oion my swap meet wagon.

6. Just dont block too much of the aisle ... pulling three radio flyer wagons behind my Scooter Store electric Rascal sometimes gets alittle dangerous

7. There's supposedly to be a 30 percent chance of rain, it's been foggy last 2 days with a light mist rain in the upper 50's, but cleared by mid day. Im bringing some precautions myself.

8. caddyrodder

caddyrodder

Hello, is there anyone going to Turlock who might be willing to assist with picking up a 1938 Buick Convertible door in Brentwood and shipping it Greyhound? Bought a door that had windows that I need for one of my projects, but the seller would prefer that it be picked up.

Thanks

9. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

online says slight chance of rain tomorrow and no rain Sunday - fog? - but, should be real muddy - bring extra boots to wear on way home - take lots of $$.

10. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

LOL one of those Scooter Store Bandits backed into my loaded fat-tire Radio Flyer today- just slid it around in a circle and drug me with it, little dent in the side. Got a couple pictures to load of a guy's wagon that got backed over by an Explorer, with both back wheels whacked, but (barely) rolling- right rear would roll, wobble, slide, roll, wobble, slide... :eek:

How did everybody do? I got a couple cherry FE manifolds, a Streetmaster and an RPM, and a pair of "soup can" front fender-mount turn signals for my '52 F1- and a corn dog of course- got off pretty cheeep
    A buddy had a cherry ram-air unit for my '69 428CJ R-code Fairlane Cobra, and just grinned at me :cool:- $1500... grrrrr...

Lotsa people, warm weather, some good deals but a lotta high prices- but a lotta loaded wagons

11. JEM

JEM

There were a lot of intake manifolds out there.

I was looking for '34-38 Chev Dubonnet front suspension pieces, and some matching '37-50ish Huck rear brakes (or an entire axle if necessary), maybe '64 Galaxie bits or a core Fox-body T5 if priced right, FE toploader bellhousing, mid '80s Celica (got myself a freebie beater maybe future ChumpCar runner) shop manual, maybe a few other things, and rolled craps. Zero. There were a few tools and random other bits I could have seen spending the money for, but I gave up.

I think the guy with the NOS Boss 302 Muscle Parts rear sway bar with no asking price on it had it out there two years ago and must not have sold it then either. I think I asked him what he wanted and walked away from it back then.

Yeah, it was a busy place, got there at 7:10 and parking was already getting busy. There were definitely some deals, but nothing that fit my need.

The one car in the cars-for-sale area that really really tickled me - a '58 Ranch Wagon - wasn't for sale. Not that I need another project now anyway.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  12. Gene, I'm a Kidder about the scooter. We met at the Petaluma meet, remember (?) .... these old legs get me around just fine. I wear a backpack and speed walk the aisles... swap-meeting is serious business! I couldnt make it to Turlock, ride bailed at the last minute. Glad the weather cooperated.

13. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

14. JEM

JEM

Hey, I stopped off and had a double cheeseburger at Five Guys on the way home, maybe I'll be girth-qualified for a scooter next year!

15. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

I wish there was a way to rid swap meets of flee market types … sellers and buyers

16. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

I stopped in Modesto to get fuel, and there was an IHOP across the street- blueberry pancakes :D

The ol' boy who backed into me definitely needed the scooter, he was pretty old, pretty large, couldn't hear, and it would seem he couldn't see- his buddy was yelling and waving at him "LOOK OUT", and he just waved back and kept backing up, "yeah, see you later!" :eek: Whaddayagonnado, eh? Just glad it wasn't a stroller with a munchkin in it :eek: The little dent in the side of my wagon coulda been...
    Don't get me started on double-wide (side-by-side) strollers in the crowded aisles of the livestock barns, and the pilot then stopping in the middle of the aisle to yak on her cell phone, oblivious to all the folks trying to get around her- are you kidding me :confused:

17. NealinCA

NealinCA

We had a great weekend. Weather was perfect, we sold more than we ever have, saw a bunch of old friends, met some new ones...and brought home a pile of old Ford junk...with my favorites being the 32 hood tops with old 5" louvers and the 32 dual fuel/temp gauge.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

Attached Files:

18. NealinCA

NealinCA

...so you bought two steering box flanges from me, but didn't introduce yourself :)

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

19. I got to visit with your dad and bros, you must have been out shopping Neal. I scored a bunch of little stuff, plus the one big thing I was hunting: some cherry 33-34 front bones. Neal's right: big crowds, great weather but the early Ford stuff is getting harder to sniff out.

20. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

Nope...those are copies made in CHINA, I bought from another guy.....

Actually.....
    That was lame!!!!! I thought you told me you were on the isle near the turnstiles...maybe that was someone else........ Let's try again at the LARS.

My big score in that pile (hard to see) is the super rare Stewart Warner TACH drive 649 .500...found in a bucket of muddy parts, the seller didn't even know what it was.

21. milo1957

milo1957
    from modesto ca

You got off easy! some 112 year old man on a scooter drove onto the rear quarter of that orange roadrunner 440..... nice big gash in the car!! the old man just dropped an I'm sorry and rode away!!

22. JEM

JEM

My appetite has a 'pancake window' that closes around 930AM, much after that time for some reason I'm just not interested in 'em.

You mean high-capacity assault strollers?

23. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I had a blast as usual!! :cool:

Scored some great shit:
    [​IMG]

Highlights for me were the very nice Cal Custom valve covers ($40), 1960′s Snap-On valve spring compressor (Ten friggin’ bucks!!), original 1932 Ford door handle ($1), NOS Ford Model 48 kingpins ($10), rebuilt Tri-five Chevy master cylinder ($10) and a NOS Mallory 4004 distributor cap ($20).

Other random pictures:
    El Scotto's Turlock Swapmeet 2013 coverage

24. NealinCA

NealinCA

Scott - I'm pretty sure I sold you those king pins...where they on a table with a few other NOS ones?

Neal

25. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

take a look at my thread: Turlock Swap Meet 2013 & More - PICS!!

26. NealinCA enjoyed following your Turlock exploits on instagram while I was at GNRS.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  27. HuskyV8

HuskyV8

There was a guy there that had three neon clocks for sale.....anybody know who that was?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013