Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Turlock SwapMeet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SlickRick83, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

2. ibcalaveras

ibcalaveras

I'll be there at BB62, Any one coming from No Hollywood? I have a pair of 50 Ford bumpers that need a ride to Turlock... PM me.

3. Brentdlots

Brentdlots
    from California

I'll be there looking for cheap 40 stuff ;)

4. I will be out there Saturday with my car club. Will be wearing my Modesto Throttlers click jacket. David

5. flat34pu

flat34pu

:Di will be there with a short list, but you know how that goes.
    rich

6. slodat

slodat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The baby is packed and ready for her first swap meet.

Heading down 99 right now and almost there. I will be walking around in my Russian hat.

7. Excellent day. Perfect weather, and TONS of great stuff! What a great weekend! Seriously, that was just what I needed.

8. casper

casper

Saturday was wonderful, mid 60's and bright & sunny. Bought some goodies and spent a great day with the wife and kids.

9. Saturday was darn butiful.... too much eye candy. Finally got that clock delete plate I have been after for years... the 234 mile drive was well worth it!

10. kleinbike

kleinbike
    from Nor Cal

Wow! Just... wow! Went on Friday with some friends that had a space, came home Sat. night. I didn't see it all. You can't. Friends sold a lot. I found some good stuff. Most everyone I talked to had found some or all of what they had hoped to find. Saw a lot of stuff you don't see at a typical swap, even some hubcaps for a Gogomobile :confused:. Very good meet!!

11. Let's post some photos of the stuff you guys saw so us unfortunate broke guys can enjoy the meet, too!!! Please??

12. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Went Saturday--have been going since 77 and this was the best weather I've ever seen for the swapmeet. Saw lots of neat stuff but not the 40 pts I was after--but did see a really nice 59 Rochester FI unit at a real decent price--glad I didn't take that much cash or it would have come home with me and became a garage ornament==but didn't see a good 40 column anywhere-or clock-still looking

13. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

any photos ? i dig swapmeets , and probably will never get to this one

14. EarlKann

EarlKann

X2 on pictures. Heard that there was a 66 Dodge CSS pickup in the car corral, would love to see some pictures of it, even in the background.

15. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

Yes there was, and it looked to be in pretty decent shape. No, I didn't take a picture of it- sorry
    I did get a cherry Weiand 351C 2x4 tunnel ram for $200- a spare for my Pro Stock Engineering 427 adapter setup. Funny, as I was walking out through the lot draggin my cart with the tunnel on top, I'm walking along with a dad and two sons, dad and one were raggin' on the other son about having to carry the set of wheels he bought, so for deflection he yells at me "Hey, how do you know that manifold's not cracked?"- and right then he drops the NIB wheel off his shoulder onto the ground :eek: I laugh and yell "How do you know that wheel's not broken?" Bet his dad & bro are still laughing :D:D

16. The strangest thing I saw there. The guy took a 413 Plymouth Cross Ram manifold (a beautiful piece of history) and blocked off the AFB mounts and installed FI throttle bodies there and tigged on a injector bung at each port.

... he said his "experiment" didnt work to well.

Sorry, I took no pics .... I was on a mission! LOL

17. NO pics but it was a good show.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  18. Vigsters

Vigsters
    BANNED
    from Folsom, Ca

Ahh.., Crowded, Cluster F...!, Been the worst in the last few years, everybody was trying to make there 2012 income for the year! Weather Perfect... See yaa.. next year!:eek:

19. bfink55

bfink55
    from Turlock CA

the weather was great this year ! , my truck is still not together but i got a few things and some motivation , got to see some old friends and hang out with my buddys and their "molester" vans . over all a good meet , it was super crowed on sat. not so much today . prices on everything seemed up this year , even car related "junk" ....guess we can thank american pickers type shows for that
    Fink

20. 58farlane

58farlane

21. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

This was my worst haul in the past 5 years, bought nothing on Friday, didn't make a purchase till 9 am on Saturday and I got there at 5am. I never saw so many empty spaces, I know sellers pay for them, but it males for a bad swap to see so many spaces wasted to people who never showed up to sell. (and so many people sign up trying to sell)

Then when I got back to my truck, some real @*sholes decided to park in front of everyone (who was already parked)along the RR tracks and block them in. I had to wait another 3 hours before a hole was made and I could get out.

I'll be back next year......

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  22. I saw that as well. Crazy that he ruined a piece of history like that.

23. I was able to score a set of '29 plates for my project at a very fair price. But overall I didn't think there were many deals to be had, things seemed to be priced really high.

24. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

The prices were high, higher than an online auction site on a lot of early V8 ford stuff

25. studhud

studhud

I scored a six pack of Strombergs for the 58 Lincoln on friday before I headed to the GNRS
    Dave Hitch
    FBBF

Attached Files:

26. mike hamel

mike hamel

I scored a couple of perfect complete 1933 and 1934 Ford car hoods for my 3 and 5 window coupes! Now I need a 33' grille! Im really happy about the 1933 hood though.

27. NealinCA

NealinCA

I scored a couple of nice 32 hoods, a Dago axle, some split 34 bones...and a 37 Hudson steering gear. Plus we sold most of our junk. Couldn't have asked for nicer weather either!

Neal

28. kgriff

kgriff
    from CA

Weather was perfect! Sold stuff on Saturday, bought stuff on Sunday.

29. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

The many empty spaces were indeed sad to see, especially to those of us who sign up on the waiting list for spaces and can't get them :rolleyes:
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026"/> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapelayout v:ext="edit"> <o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1"/> </o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->I did see a new low in lane clogging, while the legendary Turlock militant “Power- BS’ers” who always seem to be having a roundhouse discussion right in front of the best parts folks actually want to consider buying and are very difficult to shift into “Drive” were scattered around in packs, there was a gal with a side-by-side double stroller (both kids screaming of course), standing beside the double- wide, deeply involved on her cell phone in the middle of the narrow crowded lane inside one of the barns, very effectively blocking traffic in both directions and completely oblivious to anyone trying to get around her, or the high-decibel sounds coming from the stroller- obviously Walmart-trained.

30. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

I thought it was a really good swap meet. Lots of stuff to see. I got a couple things for the Hudson. The weather was great. Sunny T shirt weather.