Register now to get rid of these ads!

Turlock swap meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jokerjason, Jan 13, 2010.

1. the lights

the lights

If lazer5000 can make the 11 minute drive I quess I could just walk down there. count me in.

2. decade54

decade54

I will be driving my 1947 chevy fleetline sports sedan. It will be for sale in car corral. I have been going for 26 years straight, rain or shine. The tully fog is bad, if your going in the early morning hours, best bet is to get on 99 and drive in the middle lane, this gives you one lane of cushion on each side of you. My friend has a spot out there, and we will be selling all kinds of chevy accessorries. Hope to see everyone out there.

3. hate to miss it but this year Pomona is calling...

4. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

I am thinkin' I may need to take the day off. I dont need anything but I always like walking around. I never see anyone I know...I think its coz I am always staring at parts when I am walkin around.

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Wil be buying first, selling second. First time to have a seller space, helps save carrying things too far. Yep bring all types of clothing, never know how good or bad weather will be. One reason a wagon or back pack is good to have. This is the biggest in Northern, Calif. All types of spaces: some in buildings; asphalt; covered; on grass and rest in mud. Know of some guys flying down to GNRS Friday morning and flying back that Nite to be at Turlock Sat morning. Bring lots of $$, never know what you might find there.

6. ibcalaveras

ibcalaveras

I will be there at BB62, Selling and shopping Old ford parts mainly

7. Lazer5000

Lazer5000

Now that's the spirit!

P.s. Everyone bring you old Chrysler parts.

8. bava17

bava17

Hey swappers,
    we have two spots, side by side, over in the very, very southwest corner of the swap. we don't get as much foot traffic as the spots out in the big open areas, but our spots do back up against the covered pig stalls. this does give us lots of room at the back of our spots to store stuff. and when it's pouring rain, it's funny how all of a sudden everyone really likes our spots.

so......if any of y'all buy something and don't want to carry it around all day, feel free to stop by and plunk it down. we always leave somebody in our spot in case we go shopping. usually there's at least 3 or 4 of us in the spots. chili is usually served around noon on Saturday.

CC98 and CC99. southwest corner along the pig stalls.
    my name is steve and if i'm not there, just mention this note.
    thanks and good swapping!
    steve bava

9. jokerjason

jokerjason

Crap....looks like I am going to have to bring my inflatable raft if the rain keeps up. Oh well, the booze will still be cold, see ya, JOKER JASON.

10. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Me too!

11. fiveohnick2932

fiveohnick2932
    from Napa, Ca.

rule #1

Think positive! dont let the weather get you down!

12. bava17

bava17

weather report looks decent as of tonight. but i notice it changing practically daily.
    sunny is good.
    cloudy is good.
    a little rain is good.
    a lot of rain is good.
    Turlock is always good!

13. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

Im over in EE 18-20 In the South west corner also, So stop by and say Hi.....JOHN

14. bava17

bava17

i'm getting some shirts made for this year's swap.
    HAMB discount, of course.
    more info and hopefully pics to come.
    (shhhhh, don't tell anybody that runs the swap. eventhough they don't sell t-shirts, i didn't OK it with them).
    steve

15. Half-Fast Motors

Half-Fast Motors

Making the trek from W. Washington. Been a few years since I was there, looking forward to it!!

16. Neglected Steel

Neglected Steel

headn up there on saturday, cant wait!!

17. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

We should be there, ill be dragging a ford axle with the wishbone on my wagon if they let me through the gate with it, to raise a few bucks for the roadster. Still hunting a few bits and pieces for our build.

Louie

18. 30-U

30-U
    from Las Vegas

Hey! Bring some of that red grape juice. Would ya!

19. kami-cozzi

kami-cozzi

HELL YA!!!! i been goin since i was a we lil boy. im broke as hell but just go for more of the social gathering. grew up right next to turlock, and know alot of local ol time rodders.

see u guys there!!!!

20. Lazer5000

Lazer5000

Man oh Man! What a day! The weather was perfect, the turn out was huge and there was rusty old car crap as far as the eye could see! I scored a brand new gas tank, a turn signal switch, some weather stripping and 4 new Hollywood Flipper repops for 100 bucks.

21. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Headed down tomorrow with the crew....lets hope the weather holds out.

22. trad27

trad27

Was a great day. My first time going and had a good time, I got 3 original '28 headlight lences and a oval model T gas tank. A buddy of mine got a great deal on an A banger diamond moter, all there except carb. Anybody else get anygood scores?

23. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

I could not beleive the weather. Shitty and foggy all the way down from Fremont at 5:00 am. Then the weather broke around noon and it was like summer. 60 plus degrees. Was a long wait from 99 to the lot. That was the best Turlock meet at this time of year ever that I have ever been to.

There was a guy selling T shirts that were printed Turlock Swap Meet Rival
    I would really like to get a hold of him as he has somthing that I could use on a build that I have coming up.

24. strike a poser

strike a poser
    from Salinas,CA

The weather was perfect as stated above. Scored some cool tools, the missing issue of TRJ in my collection, some cool plates for my daughter (thanks Neal, nice talking to your Dad),and my son found all kinds of treasure too. Good times!

25. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

I also scored a real big ZEP parts washer for cheap.

26. Bryan67

Bryan67

Well I actually got the day off and what happens? I`m fricken sick as hell. Great.

27. Muttley

Muttley

The weather was great, I was worried it was going to suck but it was beautiful outside. I scored a set of JC Penny Cheater Slicks for $60, an old breather and a couple of shift knobs. The pickins' were pretty slim. I brought along a set of Cragars/red lines and sold those off, now I can stop tripping over them in the garage.

28. 51 mercules

51 mercules

It was my first time going there.Left midnight Friday got there 7:00 am Saturday.The weather was good.I was a little a dissapointed it is big,reminds me a lot of Pomona swapmeet,high prices and like Muttley said"The pickens were pretty slim".I don't know if my expectations were too high from what I heard over the years or it's overrated.The Fathers Day Show and Swapmeet is still the best in mybook.

29. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I didn't go because I'm a piece of shit.

30. JEM

JEM

There was a lot of stuff there, just not a lot of stuff I need.