Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Turkey Run photos (Bel Air plaza)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by aceuh, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Maybe they're just the wrong tires!?:rolleyes::D

2. ROADRAT EDDIE

ROADRAT EDDIE
    from New york

I commented to my girlfriend about all the carts that infested the speedway, most by mid 40's fat fucks who would've benefitted by walking all day....The best was a said fat fuck eating a sundae while his 10 year old kid walked

3. aceuh

aceuh

No way I would pay to take a pic of that car (more than likely any other car for that matter as well).:D

4. The flames, on the 37 Chevy in the opening set of pictures, are about the BEST I've ever seen...

5. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

That is about what they said on the news one night. They didn't give an exact number but said something like "despite the recessed economy people are still coming out for the 2008 Daytona TRR. Event organizers report numbers are just slightly down from the 5000 registered participants last year."

There were probably over 6000 maybe even 7000 once you consider the car corral cars and all of the cars at the Plaza that never even went to the track.

6. Offy

Offy

While the crowd looked about the same the hotels were way down. A lot of people either did day runs or stayed away from the high $ nearby motels I reckon.

7. Skimmer

Skimmer

Great pics..................The rain on sunday wouldnt have bothered the Brits were used to it ...LOL.

8. mikes51

mikes51

[​IMG]

Nads, that paint job is still looking good. How many years ago did you paint that?

I miss the red windwings though.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
  9. Kevins89notch5.0

Kevins89notch5.0
    from Orlando

Backwards drag radials on the front. I guess its good for launching in reverse? :confused: :D

10. 4700+ cars they have on the website. Yeah, there's cruising on Atlantic BL every night but around Bel Air Plaza the traffic is horrible! Better have a good cooling system ( I didn't) .. Southbound it moves about 100' per hour. Thursday night wasn't bad but Friday and Saturday night was a nightmare!

11. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

It's been 4 years now, it's still looks good, the car's garaged a bit more these days though.