Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Turbo400 Help?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sups2nick, May 22, 2010.

1. sups2nick

sups2nick

okay where to start? i got a turbo400 and needed a yoke, so i went and bought a 31/32 spline slip yoke. i've had it on shelf a few months anyways i started my fresh motor up and went to put in driveshaft and my yoke doesnt fit?? it slides on where seal is and stops where bearing is in tailshaft like my yokes too thick??? i didnt know there was a thick yoke and thin th400 yoke?? i am lost here looking for some info on this... i can post photos if needed but like i said its like my yokes too thick hahaha?

2. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Is'nt there a trans referred to as a TH375? Basically a "light weight" TH400 with a TH350 sized output shaft. Maybe you have one of these. Butch/56sedandelivery.

3. randydupree

randydupree
    from archer fl

there is a thin and a thick yoke,you can change the extension housing if its easier.

4. sups2nick

sups2nick

[​IMG]

*bump*
    heres a photo with seal pulled, my yoke hits that metal ring?? my yoke is 1.855 in die. i know i need a smaller yoke but every tranny shop says they dont have them and cant get them??? i just am lost...

5. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

Google "COAN Transmissions & Converters " call em ,,they have what you need ,,they're in Indiana ,,great guys to deal with too ,,