Register now to get rid of these ads!

Turbo 350

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slideone, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Slideone

Slideone

Hey Guys, just changed the filter and installed a new gasket on the TB350 and took the speed cable and gear out to change gearing on speedometer. Turned out I didn't have the right gear so I reinstalled the same gear. Bottom line, after installing the fluids, ck for right quantity I took it for a test drive. The speedometer isn't working and it want shift out of 1st. gear. I figure the gear didn't line up on the drive gear, but would this keep it from not shifting? Before I pull the speedo gear back out just wanted to ck with you guys and see if the speedo would really keep it from shifting? Help :(

2. greg ducato

greg ducato

There is a very remote posibility that the gear you installed could have broken and get into the plastic governor gear.Pull the governor out and have a look at the gear on the end of it. Also check that you didn't knock the vacuum line off by accident while you were under there or up top adding fluids.