Register now to get rid of these ads!

Turbo 350 Trans Kickdown linkage?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LoneWolfNoCLub, May 29, 2012.

1. Can anybody tell me how the kickdown klinkage is supposed to function and how it is setup? Pics would probably help. My fleetline has a fresh turbo 350 trans in it, but the kickdown linkage was never hooked up, so I dont have anyhting to go on to know how it goes.... I assume it is supposed to cause the donshift at W.O.T. or near it, but am not sure how she goes. Anybody have a pics of theirs and can maybe explain it to me?. It HAD a P.O.S. holley in it that I swapped out for a 1406 Edelbrock (600-650?) Vaccum secondaries, electric choke. It is on top of a smog-turd 1979 350 out of a Camaro....

Thanks alot guys!!!

See you at Sins Of Steel this weekend!!!

James (the guy in the wheelchair :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

On the passenger side of the transmission, right in front of the dipstick hole, is a little hole about the size of a pencil. Sticking up out of it will be a thin rod that is shaped like a hook. The kickdown linkage hooks into that and when you stomp the gas pedal it pulls that hook up about a quarter inch and downshifts into the next lower gear.

Lokar makes various cables and adapters to go with most carb setups. The idea is, through most of the pedal travel the kickdown cable is slack and only gets pulled at the very end of the travel.

Don

3. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

James, I found this picture of my old 23 when I was running the same 1406 Edelbrock carb and th350 trans as you. You can see how the Lokar linkage works. The bottom one is for the kickdown and the top one is for the throttle linkage. That stainless steel bracket on the back of the carb (hard to see in the picture) is one Lokar sells to make the whole thing work with the 1406 carb.

The Lokar is fully adjustable and even if you have a tradtional rod for the throttle linkage instead of the Lokar cable type you can modify their bracketry to work. Buying their setup makes is so much easier than trying to fab up something.

Don

[​IMG]

4. The kit from lokar is good. and can be adjusted so if you don't get the response you want just keep messin' with it until it's kickin' dn too soon then back off.
    BTW , nice chevy fishback