Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Tunnel Port 427...how streetable are they?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Crown'd, Jul 30, 2015.

1. loudbang

loudbang

Man that is KILLER. :eek:

Deuces likes this.
  2. southcross2631

southcross2631

Takes a real man to do that to a car like that. You are a man's man. Hater's will hate ,screw em . It looks awesome.

Deuces likes this.
  3. Now that is cool!

Deuces and loudbang like this.
  4. Old thread I know but I'm running a 427, tunnel port heads/intake, dual 600's, and a toploader in a 1964 Fairlane on the street.

I ain't going to tell a guy what to do but if you're looking for fun, it's a damn good way to find it.

seb fontana, mgtstumpy and Deuces like this.
  5. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Barry Robotnick.... survival Motorsports
    http://www.survivalmotorsports.com/index.html

Don Palmer-FE Guru.

AHotRod and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. mtkawboy

mtkawboy

A 58 Ford steering box is a huge improvement on your 55. I had a 427/425 57 Ford back in 65. The factory cast iron 63 headers will work the passenger side and if you want it bad enough on the drivers side. You have to mill the exhaust side of the cast iron header and the exhaust side of the head plus grind the hell out of the steering box, plus grind a hole in the cast iron header and braze a cup type freeze plug in upside down. They said it couldn't be done but I did it. This was all with the 58 steering box too. I also had a set of Ballenger Bros 180 degree headers {2 pipes from each side go into the opposite header} on it later but cant recall what they were for. They were a giant PIA to put on

7. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Man, that Ford is way beyond cool! Awesome! Hope we get an update.

Bones

8. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Updates?

Deuces likes this.
  9. Deuces

Deuces

loudbang likes this.
  10. 6sally6

6sally6

Sounds like "your-in-bid ness"!!!
    6sally6

Deuces likes this.
  11. sdluck

sdluck

I have a Aluminum SBC 427 with a wide ratio t 10 it loves it gobs of torque, 3.19 rear,build it .

12. So what? It is not what we are talking about here. We are discussing the Ford FE technology not shivrolaa, and if it is aluminum it is not factory.

Deuces likes this.
  13. indyjps

indyjps

Gotta find a builder that shares your vision. I've found high end builders get to a point where anything factory or used is out of the question. It's easier for them to use all new components on your dime. For an all out engine, sure. Consider, If you're paying the tab to build their reputation.

Best of luck with the build, it's been an interesting discussion. Keep it going whatever the outcome.

Deuces and loudbang like this.
  14. Dan Timberlake

Dan Timberlake

It looks like the journal lightening holes on the cracked crank are quite a bit larger than FORD used to do it, and the contours of the crank throw has been fussed with a bit and left sharp, too. I wonder how long ago it was magnafluxed. That crack was tiny several thousand cycles ago.
    Like others said, the quality of the grind can cause a good crank to die young. Good radiuses/fillets but full of grinding/heat "checks" ( CRACKS!) can really get the party started.

http://www.douglasmotorcycles.net/aa-files/images/doug/articles/crank_tour/cracks.jpg

Attached Files:

loudbang likes this.