Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tulsa Race

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by mudflap261, Jul 29, 2012.

1. mudflap261

mudflap261
    from tulsa

Big bracket race at Tulsa this weekend .added actractionsa were 2 jet cars a dragster ,funny car, the Graverdiggerand nija turtle monster trucks outlaw gassers and SDRA CARS we had 4 carsDavid Bridgewater/son Ryan,thats the jeep powered car Smokeing Joe Hamby slant six ,Bullet Bob Hindman 261 chev and Daniel [ THE KID] Clarke driveing Todd Martains 302 GMC car Todd owns TulsaRaceway Park .We were able to run two sessions one in the afternoon and one in the evening.the track temp was 157 degrees the temp was a107 .Smokeing JOE won the first race with 11/90s at112 mph the other cars ran low 12s The evening race was won by OLD Smokeing JOE with consistent 11/80s/112 mph .with the track temp that high and 6 inch tires the guys were haveing to drive them crowd loved it.even though their was vht down. Aword about the KID this was his first time to drive a open wheel car and he got a little faster and quicker each run with abest of 11/87 @116/38

2. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Hot action, on a hot track. :D Sounds like a great day.

Gonna have to make a Tulsa meet one of these days. :cool:

3. Old28

Old28

Ya Larry, that sounds like a summer day in Bakersfield, CA.:eek:

Your group of four was running well for the track conditions. Would love to make a race in Tulsa one of these days, but I will need a "BIGGER GUN" to jump into that fight.;)

4. bobw

bobw

Thanks for the race results, Mudflap. Not nearly as good as being there but it helps keep the juices flowing.

I passed up a Test and Tune because it was in the 90's. I'm such a wimp.

5. mudflap261

mudflap261
    from tulsa

Hey BOB maybe your just smarter than us. We are looking at triple digets for next 7 days at least.I hate when it stays that hot for that long,the chickens start laying hard boiled eggs you know

6. When is the race scheduled??? what would a criteria for getting selected for the race???I am very interested in participating...

7. mudflap261

mudflap261
    from tulsa

The next big nostalgia race is sept 22/23 There will be 8 nostalgia funny cars Southwest JR Fuel Assoc Texas Blown Dragster Asocc The Gasser Group and SDRA cars plus many others.also a car show They are trying to put togather a cacklefest group.some of the cars mention are Bennie Osburn twin chevy, his old TF car Creitz/Donvan TF now owned by Tom Hanna,Jimmy Nixs TF Raymond Godmans Boll weevill this is talking stages now.What kind of car do you have Hamb orSDRA do you have pics? Hamb cars are welcome to run with the SDRA. SDRA rules are posted at TulsaRaceway Park .com click on rules

8. 2b-banjo

2b-banjo

Hey Mudflap, thanks for the SDRA results, always good to hear how the racing is going in Tulsa, I miss racing with you guys!!!

9. mudflap261

mudflap261
    from tulsa

HEY2b we have the old time drags comeing up sept 22 23 eeach day will be a separate race and tnt on fri night ,you can run that flathead till you wear it out come on down LJ