Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tuff Stuff Water Pumps

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WhiteDevilsCC, Aug 3, 2011.

1. WhiteDevilsCC

WhiteDevilsCC
    from Spring Tx.

I am looking at getting a new tuff stuff high flow water pump for my sbc. I have never used this brand before and was wanting some input on them. They seem reasonably priced and best of all their website says they are MADE IN THE USA. So please let me know if you have had a good or bad experience with this brand. Thanks in advance

2. WhiteDevilsCC

WhiteDevilsCC
    from Spring Tx.

I know someone on here has had to of used one of these water pump.

3. WhiteDevilsCC

WhiteDevilsCC
    from Spring Tx.

Bttt for the late night crowd

4. Ive used a few Tuff Stuff parts over the last few years and have never had any issues. Reasonable prices, good gear and best of all still made in a country that speaks english.

5. hotrod_32

hotrod_32

Have one on my sbc. No problems,runs cool.

6. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

Ditto on the water pump. I have one on my C10 daily driver it's a year and half old now. Weather has been 100 everyday since June.
    It was 110 degrees yesterday and I had the air conditioning on full blast and in traffic the temperature stayed at 190.

7. WhiteDevilsCC

WhiteDevilsCC
    from Spring Tx.

Hey thanks guys I got one on the way. I'll definitely give it a try just because it is MADE IN THE USA.

8. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have used a few. No complaints.

9. Larjk9

Larjk9

Have a water pump on my SBF Does it's job, but chrome did start to peel off around the shaft housing after a while. No big deal to me, as the pump is still going strong

10. WhiteDevilsCC

WhiteDevilsCC
    from Spring Tx.

Well I got my water pump yesterday and strike one. I put it on today, no problems filled everything back up with coolant no leaks. Then I started it up everything looked fine from the top looked underneath and it was pissing out the weep hole. Just my luck. I guess the best part is I called summit racing told the guy what happen, he said I'll send you a new one and have ups pick the old one up. So great customer service as far as I'm concerned the only thing that sucks is I'm out the time and the money I paid for the coolant.

11. WhiteDevilsCC

WhiteDevilsCC
    from Spring Tx.

Well I got my second one on Friday. I put it on Friday night but didnt have any coolant. So Saturday I went and got coolant and filled it up. No leaks, started it up everything looked fine shut it off and guess what the same thing. It was leaking out the weap hole again. So I called summit racing and told them about and said I just want my money back I'm tired of dealing with it. They told me ok and they even emailed me a prepaid ups label so I don't have to pay for shipping. Summit racing is great but tuff stuff sucks as far as I'm concerned and will never buy anything from them again.

12. I've been wondering about their water pumps and alternators. Thanks for the info.

13. wheeltramp brian

wheeltramp brian

just put one on a sbc at work.havent filled it up.hope it doesnt leak as its a pain to change in this pickup

14. todd mcallister

todd mcallister

Just pulled one off a Mustang/302 which had less than 1000 miles on it: was leaking from weep hole and seeping around gaskets... After I pulled it off found: impeller was striking the case as if it and the shaft were "migrating" forward; also internal structure (coolant guides) is lacking like on every other water pump I've seen for these Fords- this leaves the internal gasket loose which these guys glued/silicone to the backing plate, or, one would have to cut it so it didn't get eaten by the impeller... poorly designed imho. And sounds like they are having seal/bearing issues per above comments too: that's what I found.