Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Tudorfritz slowly builds a Model A (build thread)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tudorfritz, Dec 20, 2009.

1. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1428021550.045246.jpg

Cool picture from the photographer (Chris Ocean) that was at the show.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
    swade41, Hotrodmyk, 1-SHOT and 5 others like this.
  2. bengeltiger

bengeltiger

Still following along. Car looks and sounds fantastic. Amazing build!

volvobrynk and tudorfritz like this.

3. I dropped the seat off at the upholstery shop today. Should have it and the carpet back in a few weeks. I just had to run it up the road before I gave up the seat. I still got some tuning to do with the carbs it still runs way too rich and I have a coolant leak at the rear of the head.

4. PanelDragger

PanelDragger

That is badass ,

tudorfritz likes this.
  5. PanelDragger

PanelDragger

How does it feel going down the road? Can't wait to take mine down the road.

6. Felt pretty good, it scoots pretty good too. I'm use to driving my Shoebox this thing revs up real quick. It'll take some getting use to with the small windshield and all. I need to find some mirrors for it because I don't like not being able to see behind me. Once I get the interior together and the carbs dialed I better I'll stick my go pro camera on it and make a better video.

PanelDragger likes this.
  7. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

Your Son is funny. Not yet used to the Headers (LOL) .

8. Ha yea, I'm sure as soon as I take him for a ride in it he will be use to it. He's a total car guy, he likes to work out in the garage with me. He's gonna be racing go karts this summer. We had to make a bracket for the exhaust and he wanted to weld it up him self.

1-SHOT and PanelDragger like this.
  9. PanelDragger

PanelDragger

How's the interior going?

10. I still haven't got the seat and carpet back yet from the upholster. I wanted to get the carpet installed first so then I could make all the door panels, kick panels and such. My cousin made a bunch of wood samples for me for the headliner. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1430540152.575701.jpg
    He stained them four different colors so I could choose one. The final wood strips will be thicker and he'll router the edges too. So basically I'm at a stand still till I get the seat and carpet back ( I will be calling about them this week).

11. PanelDragger

PanelDragger

Looks interesting, can't wait to see it.

12. I finally got my seat and carpet back today. They came out awesome, I couldn't be happier. I just set everything in there to see how it looks the carpet is not glued down yet either. I still have to do a few more tweaks on the wood in the pillars before I can start making door panels and quarter trim panels and such. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1435284581.462756.jpg

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1435284610.495246.jpg

13. All I can say is... WOW!

tudorfritz likes this.
  14. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

All the time block sanding really paid off. This thing looks great. I realize just how much time and effort and craftsmanship went into this build. You will love the room the sedan has. Frank

volvobrynk and tudorfritz like this.
  15. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Pretty nifty. Gary

tudorfritz likes this.
  16. Good to see you finally got them back, looks perfect!

tudorfritz likes this.
  17. Hot Rod Nut

Hot Rod Nut

18. Dirty30Dodge

Dirty30Dodge
    1. Upholstery

Excellent Job!

tudorfritz likes this.
  19. I haven't really worked on the car all summer, but I have been driving the shit out of it. The car drives perfect, runs great, doesn't over heat, no bump steer, and the steering is tight. The first time I drove it down the road was a 1/2 hour ride down the through way to a car show in a amusement park. I've been driving it to work almost everyday and pick my son up from school most days too. All the kids go nuts when I pull in to the school. It's pretty funny I have to honk the horn for them when I pull out of the parking lot. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1443456914.314925.jpg
    Here's a little video of my ride from my work to my house.

liv4ths, PanelDragger and kevinwalshe like this.
  20. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Cool Scott!!!

tudorfritz likes this.
  21. I started working on the interior panels. I got the kick panels and the firewall panel finished up. The backer panels I made out of 1/8" lauan plywood, covered it with 1/4" headliner foam then the vinyl. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1444356164.826905.jpg

The firewall panel took me a few hours to make.
    . ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1444356325.769834.jpg
    It was a pain in the but getting it to fit the trans tunnel tight and around the steering box.

22. I sent my Application in to the Detroit autorama a few weeks ago. I heard it fills up fast so that's why I sent it in so early. I got a call last week from one of the guys that puts the show on. I guess I was real early with it, he said they don't send the acceptance letters out till after thanksgiving but wanted to let me know I was in the show.

kiwijeff and VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM like this.
  23. It just keeps getting better and better! That's great!

tudorfritz likes this.
  24. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

Watched your video this morning and I loved it, keep up the good work. Frank

tudorfritz likes this.
  25. PanelDragger

PanelDragger

Up to anything new?

26. Nothing worth showing, I have all the interior trim backing panels made. I dropped the door and quarter trim panels off to the trim shop the other day. Next weekend I'm dropping off my garnish moldings to the chrome shop. Next week I'll start wrapping the rest the panels in vinyl and working on the headliner. Hoping to have it all finished by the end of January. Gonna give it another buffing and cleaning then off to Detroit for the Autorama.
    How's your sedan coming along?

27. PanelDragger

PanelDragger

Slow as possible, but getting there. Bodywork soon.

tudorfritz likes this.
  28. Outstanding.
    Great car, and great thread.
    I really enjoyed it, good pics, great workmanship, and some humour thrown in here n there.
    Well done.

tudorfritz likes this.
  29. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1449957133.183199.jpg
    Picked up the garnish moldings from the platers today. They came out great, a few were really pitted up bad. The one that goes over the rear quarter window on the drivers side was almost bent in half. After searching for a month or so I couldn't find a replacement. I spent probably three nights straightening it , tapping the dings out and grinding on it.
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1449957516.463895.jpg
    The vinyl for the headliner is up, my cousin is going to drop off the wood slats for the headliner next weekend. I have all the backer panels are made for all the trim panels. So now it's all just covering them and putting it together.

volvobrynk and PanelDragger like this.