Register now to get rid of these ads!

*** Tucson AZ Break-In - Parts Stolen ***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by isettajohn, Dec 12, 2011.

1. I just received this email from a friend in my car club. Could any Hambers in the Tucson AZ area be the ears & eyes for any of this stuff being offered for sale? We are all car guys even if the parts in question aren't your cup of tea. Someone may offer something to you or someone you know being it is car parts from the late 50's. The thieves will try to unload it someplace. Email or PM me if you hear anything. Thank you.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

"I received a phone call from my brother yesterday evening that my storage area in Tucson, Arizona was busted into. Since I am in Germany, all of the Berkeley parts that I have purchased over the past three or four years were in the unit along with my SE 492 car. I do not have a list yet of what all was stolen, but it looks like my entire gun kit collection and at least some of the Berkeley stuff was taken. There were several other units broke into at the same time and since everything was boxed up the thieves tore the boxes open and threw stuff around that they did not want. This indicates that they had no idea what was in there until they started opening boxes. Please let me know if anyone is offering up large amounts of Berkeley parts, especially differentials, NOS brake drums and engine parts."

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

3. I will keep my eyes open over here in Yuma.

4. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Eyes open and info passed along up the road in Phoenix!

5. RodStRace

RodStRace

Will watch in the Prescott area~!

6. 1954wagon

1954wagon

i fucking hate thieves! ill be wathcing out in the central phx area

7. slickhale

slickhale
    from Phoenix

eyes out in chandler.

8. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Eyes open up the street here!

9. A little more detail of what was in the storage unit. Please keep eyes & ears open for any of this stuff...thanks guys...
    ................................................................................................
    "Gun kits: these were WWII mostly MG parts with the bolts, firing groups altered for only semi-auto fire according to the BATF. There were some parts for the semi-auto receivers but none were completed and none were fireable..

There were about 20 different types of SMG kits (10 for the Mk II STEN gun) some with the required 16" barrel but only one with a partial finished receiver (gun not fireable).

A large 1910 Maxim wheeled mount with the shield was taken for sure but the gun is in Iowa being refinished so the gun is safe.

Car parts:
    There were a lot of Berkeley parts I am really concerned about as there were new differentials and about 20 NOS brake drums along with suspension arms for the front and rear plus several large boxes of engine and transmission parts. There was also a large box with partial differentials and parts. There was also a complete drive train (engine, transmission, differential) for a B105 that came out of Canada.

Thanks Harry"

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  10. BTT for the weekend...

11. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

I went to Wiki to see what a Berkeley is and I suggest you look for your stuff at the scrap yard

12. ag1376

ag1376
    from tucson az

They should be beat if caught!! Ill keep a ear out..