Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Tucson, Arizona questions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56shoebox, Jun 19, 2019.

1. 56shoebox

56shoebox

My daughter is moving to Tucson for a position at the University of Arizona. We currently live in NJ. Can anyone that lives there give me some info on where she should look to live? She's single and no kids so school districts are a none issue.

2. e015475

e015475
    from Phoenix
    1. A-D Truckers

I grew up in Tucson and went to school at the UofA.

If I had a job at the university, I'd be looking for housing within walking distance of the campus.

Tucson's transportation infrastructure sucks. There's one freeway that runs north and south on the west side of town then doglegs to El Paso and parts east. Transportation is mostly by personal automobile on surface streets and going any distance can be a real chore.

Directly east of the campus is the 'Sam Hughes' neighborhood, which, in my opinion, is one of the nicest in Tucson and walking distance to the U of A. Lots of faculty live there.

If you daughter is committed to driving a has a parking spot at the University, the Starr Pass neighborhood is a reasonable commute from up in the hills west of downtown.

3. squirrel

squirrel

Hurry up while the "for rent" signs are still up....but yeah, that does sound like the best place to look. there are also lots of places north down Mountain Ave, which is kind of a bicycle commuter route to the UA.