Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Tubman Rocks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fourspeedwagon, Jun 8, 2017.

1. A quick shoutout to our friend Tubman here on the H.A.M.B.
    After seeing a post of his in the vintage tach collector thread (awesome stuff- damn you Moriarty), I sent him a question about what he had posted about. Before I knew it he asked for my address and sent me a prototype of a device he was working on to make a regular tachometer work in my oddball (too the sheeple) 6 volt positive earth engine. It's an amazing, tiny feat of engine-eering that works exactly as he said.
    I understand he's considering production, so if you have a need, line up and let him know you would need to buy one if he decides to bless us GMC (and many other marque) hot rodders with his invention.
    Great job Denny and good luck with your venture! Greg

lothiandon1940, Chucky and Hnstray like this.
  2. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Met Denny a few years ago when he purchased some left over flathead parts from me.
    A good fellow all around, in my opinion.

Ray

3. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Greg,

I just saw this; thanks for the plug. After you and the others have had a few months on these so we know they can handle the voltage spikes, etc. I plan on releasing a production run.

Ray, thanks for the kind words; a guy can always use a recommendation from "Honest Ray"! I used a bunch of those parts on one of my flathead "econo-builds". I have to admit that I sold the 11" clutch package to a truck guy.:D

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
    lothiandon1940 and Hnstray like this.