Register now to get rid of these ads!

trying to work this computer thing out

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by AV88, Apr 1, 2011.

1. AV88

AV88

arghhhhhh i can build a hotrod from a pile of junk but cant get computers to do what i want i cant even delete this message only edit and add more writing sorry people

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  2. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

Have alook round here it might help.........but then again it might not, ..:D

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6

3. Its a big place, and can be a little daunting at the start. Just relax and take your time, read heaps and play around.
    Your'll have it figured out in no time.

4. dont hit it, it wont help. trust me:rolleyes::D

5. AV88

AV88

i wont hit it to hard but ill work it out eventually thanks for the advice

6. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

No but it sure makes you feel better.

I needed to replace a tractor feed printer many years ago.(remember them?) I was sooo cutting edge:D I had fought the old one for so long and finally gave in and bought a replacement. Of course my tight ass bought a nonreturnable discontinued model on sale. I read the book over and over following each step exactly over and over again. I finally lost it. I picked it up and slammed the MFer on the floor and jumped up and down on it repeatedly. When I yanked on it to throw it down the hall the power cord was still plugged in and it yanked it out of my hand with the plastic shards slicing my finger too shreds. There was a blood trail all the way to the dumpster. Some smart ass said "it's no good to you now" IT WAS NO GOOD TO ME BEFORE I GOT MY REVENGE. It printed exactly the same amount of checks as it did when I bought it...zero.

I still get a grin out of that just thinking about it. It sounds stupid but it was very cathartic.

At least Google finally figured out that I'm not a great speller and gives me some options.:D

7. There is a radial button (a little dot) that you have to click before you can delete. A little bit of old, swap meet advice worked wonders for me when I first came on board, " look at and see everything, don't let anything get past you"

8. man thats some funny shit:D

9. RAY With

RAY With

Tommy I think we all have been there at one time or another. I had several pieces of equipment that got shit canned in the beginning of the computer age. It felt so good just to destroy those POS's and never look back. Now that most of the kinks are worked out we dont get that pleasure any more.

10. You're not alone, dude. I'm only just getting the hang of all this.

It's DEFINATELY worth the effort, though. Endless new information,

experience, knowledge and like-minded new friends. :)

CM

11. oj

oj

Computors have a stress receptor, they are usually a small round 'dot' looking thing with a bit of a grill over it. It is a sensitve little rascal and when it detects annoyance it'll slow the system down and limit which keys can function. The higher levels of stress the greater the influance, capice? It'll top out just short of forcing you to hit the keyboard - those levels of stress are well documented - what you have to do is walk away and let the stress receptor reset itself (you know, like when you just can't get that bolt started? same thing).

12. zuzulo56

zuzulo56
    from L.A.

About the exact "speech" I proffered a new sniper assigned to my platoon, in 'Nam, 1966...he was a Mopar lad.

13. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Once one person has replied to your thread you are not able to delete the whole thing only edit. Me as a replier can delete or edit each of my posts but the original thread starter can only delete if no one has replied.

14. Paul

Paul
    Editor

if all else fails and you really need it to go away contact one of the moderators or editors