Register now to get rid of these ads!

Trying to work on my painting techinique

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Piston Farmer, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Anyone have suggestions on where to find paint to practice with? I really want to get better at painting and need to find something i can practice with that wont kill the limited funds i have

2. SpeedwayRyan

SpeedwayRyan

Maybe ask around at a local body shop or two...I would think they have some leftovers that they might not have much use for. Maybe if you go grab them lunch at a burger joint or a case of beer they'll hook you up.

3. Fleetliner

Fleetliner
    from Oregon

Walmart krylon in a quart. Check your local paint supply for their cheapest paint. Got some local and it was pretty cheap for a quart.

4. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

5. Most auto paint supply shops have "mistake" paint they will sell very cheap. I buy it all the time and use it for wheels, flames, pisscoats, etc...

6. HELLBILLY

HELLBILLY

Like someone said, Bodyshops, most around here will gladly give you the old paint to keep them from having to pay to have it disposed off.
    Just make sure you know what ur getting, basecoat, enamel etc......