Register now to get rid of these ads!

Trying to understand the workflow of this site...

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Dennis Campbell, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Dennis Campbell

Dennis Campbell

I just created an account yesterday to officially post a want ad - I can't find it now. And I don't see any obvious way to navigate/contact anyone running this website...help! Very frustrating!

2. lothiandon1940, Thor1 and KJSR like this.
  3. Just did a quick check and only see one post which is this one from you. If the wanted ad was for something other than pre-65 traditional stuff, good chance it was deleted.

lothiandon1940 and Thor1 like this.
  4. Dennis Campbell

Dennis Campbell

yeah - not post 65 stuff...doesn't appear to be there and no inquiry as to what was inappropriate about the posting.

5. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

What was your want ad for?

6. Dennis Campbell

Dennis Campbell

Looking for a couple of Halibrand tri bar knock offs...

7. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

8. There is a ten post rule. HRP

alanp561 likes this.
  9. Dennis Campbell

Dennis Campbell

what is this? A forum member profile? If so how do you PM people..again nothing seems terribly obvious

10. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

11. By using a picture of a Mustang as your avatar you have interfered with the internal logic of the site and your interface is suffering rejection as a result.

lothiandon1940, Thor1 and squirrel like this.
  12. Dennis Campbell

Dennis Campbell

okay - well this will make it ten posts (I hope I'm not banned for posting up to 10)...it was short read nothing about wanted Ads I saw or anything I did that wasn't within the "rules" (there seem to be tons of them). I simply was looking for some parts for an old car (pre 1964 btw). I don't have a sale price as it's a wanted ad and I put it in for sale because I didn't see a wanted ads section. Maybe an admin will give me some direction to the right place to post another ad? Thanks.

13. davidvillajr

davidvillajr

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  14. squirrel

squirrel

the main focus of the HAMB is as a discussion forum, talking about old hot rods and customs. The "for sale" stuff is a bonus feature, for the folks who are here to talk about cars. It's not the primary focus of the site. It's been intentionally made difficult for folks who just want to buy/sell stuff, to sign up and use the classifieds. It's nothing personal, it's just that it's easier to trade with folks you've gotten to know a bit. There are lots of scammers around that just want to rip folks off, and the strict rules really help cut down those type problems.

Peter Nowak, warbird1, D-Russ and 4 others like this.
  15. Dennis Campbell

Dennis Campbell

Thanks for link - it says I don't have permission to view it...will try again some time later.

16. Dennis Campbell

Dennis Campbell

Appreciate the overview...I've built a lot of rods and restored some high profile cars over the decades...I've always found that discussion goes hand-in-hand with research...goes and-in-hand with sourcing parts for build. Just my .02, but I get it - it's good to know.

Petejoe and Thor1 like this.
  17. You might actually fill out your profile page with other than just "Male". If folks get some feeling that you are for real they may be more inclined to help you out. And as of your last post, you've posted 7 times. You need 10 posts and then 24 hours to be able to respond by PM to an ad.

18. Dennis Campbell

Dennis Campbell

so it depends on your perspective...no offense but I don't really care to share too much about what I do or what cars I currently own - I'm not a millennial who has a need to tell everyone each time I have a cup of coffee (sorry millennials). But I also keep a low profile in the collector car space I'm involved in. I see a shot was made at my profile picture - it is post 1964 - that's a 1965 Shelby #541 to be exact. I grew up in rods, but I can appreciate all years of vintage muscle and iron.

19. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I found your wanted ad.
    It was deleted because it was in the wrong section.
    I undeleted it and moved it to the wanted section.
    You can bump your ad back to the top after 3 days.
    You bump your ad back to the top by replying to your own ad.

That being said the reason for the 10 post rule is because of your ad as a good example.
    Scammers sign up on the HAMB - no posts - then cruise the wanted section and contact HAMB members saying I have your parts - send me the money.
    Usually by MoneyGram, Western Union , Walmart Gram , My Paypal account is dormant or hacked BLA BLA BLA. All BS lies.
    And guess what - Scammed.

So , be careful of who ever contacts you.
    How many HAMB posts do they have ?
    How long have they been on here ?
    Regulars posters or no post at all.
    Do they only want to communicate by Email instead of the HAMB conversation ?

Get my point ?

If it's too good to be true - it is !

Be very careful - all deals you make on the HAMB is at your own risk.

Send me a message if you want to discuss more in detail.

You are at 9 posts now - when you get to 10 posts - it takes 24 hours to activate your conversation Tab

While we don't do Pony cars on the HAMB but feel free to post any old cars you have prior to Pony cars.

BTW - welcome to the HAMB..... I recognize that Fastback.

Thanks,

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  20. Dennis Campbell

Dennis Campbell

Thanks for the explanation as to where it went - I get the scams too - you can't stop it. Bottom line is that you have to use PayPal to be guaranteed money back and I personally NEVER send anything until it's paid for and I have a real address and phone number. At some point the safeguarding becomes an obstacle...I looked for the wanted Ads and they never showed up until the link was given. Even then I can't see it. Thanks for the help.

21. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Your wanted ad is up now. Best of luck to you!